Husqvarna vs Toro vs Honda

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well the AWD Husq wont work in Scotland.
It quotes at the end of the video not to work on west grass or steep slopes. :laughing::biggrin:

Threads
Yes it 's a the Honda but it's that GCV 160 engine and it doesn't work that great. You want the 190cc if you go with Honda.

Yes, that's why I like my Honda HRX217HYA. The HRX series is the only one by Honda with the GCV190 engine. :thumbsup:
1.jpg

Last edited:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well the AWD Husq wont work in Scotland.
It quotes at the end of the video not to work on west grass or steep slopes. :laughing::biggrin:

Yes it does. Read the whole thing, It says always mow across slopes, never up and down not to work on wet grass or on excessively steep slopes. That's for your safety
not that the mower isn't capable of mowing inclines. They tell you the same thing with all mowers and for the ZTR never to mow any more than 15 degree slopes because it's a safety issue and the company's have to put that in all there operating manuals to cover themselves.

kman

Threads
says on the video its a Honda 190 cc engine on the Husqvarna AWD. So it has the big Honda engine, the extra cut behind the front wheel, Bag or mulch, AWD & 1/2 the price of the Honda (in Canada at least) It looks to me like Husqvarna is trying to compete at least

Threads
says on the video its a Honda 190 cc engine on the Husqvarna AWD. So it has the big Honda engine, the extra cut behind the front wheel, Bag or mulch, AWD & 1/2 the price of the Honda (in Canada at least) It looks to me like Husqvarna is trying to compete at least

Do you know which one you are leaning towards yet?

kman

Threads
The Honda dealer & the Husqvarna dealer are about a block apart in my city so when the AWD comes in I will do a hands on look at both. I have a dead flat lawn so the Versamow interests me more than the AWD but it may come down to which feels best, I think I.m leaning Honda but I'll keep an open mind

Threads
The Honda dealer & the Husqvarna dealer are about a block apart in my city so when the AWD comes in I will do a hands on look at both. I have a dead flat lawn so the Versamow interests me more than the AWD but it may come down to which feels best, I think I.m leaning Honda but I'll keep an open mind

Yeah you really wouldn't need the AWD, but as you said, pick the one that feels the best. I love the Honda's Versamow System with the Clip Director because say you want to mulch the grass, but it's too long, you can do half-and-half, so you don't have ugly grass clumps in your yard but you get the benefits of mulching! :thumbsup:

possum

Threads
Hmmm. I think I would wait and see how many bugs need to be worked out on the new AWD. Might be a long wait on the new parts that are maybe not made yet somewhere in China, or Mexico, or are just not yet in stock wherever they may be made.

baratta34

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a HRX217HYA from Home Depot...and by just, I mean yesterday. Here is a little tip that may or may not work, thankfully it did for me. HD takes competitor coups as I am sure you may know. Well, I thought, what the hell, and tried a Harbor Freight 20% off (I had a Lowes 10% off moving coup for backup), and they actually took it. Before tax, I spent $559.20 for the HRX217HYA. I took it out of the box, and she has to be the sexyist thing....next to my wife?

Anyway, I really dont want to put gas in it and start it up since it is a good 2-2.5 months away from being used. Hell, the look on the HD employee face when I asked them to get a mower down (from the top shelf none the less) even made me feel crazy.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I just bought a HRX217HYA from Home Depot...and by just, I mean yesterday. Here is a little tip that may or may not work, thankfully it did for me. HD takes competitor coups as I am sure you may know. Well, I thought, what the hell, and tried a Harbor Freight 20% off (I had a Lowes 10% off moving coup for backup), and they actually took it. Before tax, I spent $559.20 for the HRX217HYA. I took it out of the box, and she has to be the sexyist thing....next to my wife?

Anyway, I really dont want to put gas in it and start it up since it is a good 2-2.5 months away from being used. Hell, the look on the HD employee face when I asked them to get a mower down (from the top shelf none the less) even made me feel crazy.

Will u take a pic please