anti vibration gloves?

monica123

Threads
Does anyone use anti-vibration gloves while using a mower or other lawn and garden equipment? I have a pair but they are hard to get used to wearing.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can either wear sap gloves or weight the handle of a vibrating tool ... either will work.

If you use weighted gloves you have to support the extra wt all the time... if you add to the handles you will not have to carry it...
Padding works ok also...

Some vibration is actually good for your skeletal structure .... too much though is not so good...
:smile:KennyV

hornet

Threads
I don't get much vibration when I'm using a mower so don't really see the need to have them. As far as I'm aware any vibration isn't good for skeletal structure, lots of injuries can be caused through long exposure to vibration.

grnspot110

Threads
I used "gel-filled" anti-vibration gloves when I ran a zero turn, don't need them with my JD F525. Bought them from Gempler's, expensive, but they worked well. ~~ grnspot110

monica123

Threads
I got the gloves from work in the old job I worked because we were responsible for using vibrating machines. They were expensive but the company paid for them.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
As far as I'm aware any vibration isn't good for skeletal structure,

Actually it is not only good for skeletal structure but also a tremendous help in neuromuscular AND strength building...
See vibration therapy... :smile:KennyV

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you're mowing in warm weather consider fingerless cycling gloves. They're very light and have a padded palm. Here's a link. They come in many colors and styles.

I don't feel the need for gloves with either of my lawnmowers but my string trimmer vibrates a lot so the gloves are helpful with it.

lizard

Threads
Bad vibration can give some people..'Carpal Tunnel Syndrome'..........no laughing matter.
Adjust your engine speed to the minimum of vibration if possible.

grnspot110

Threads
If you're mowing in warm weather consider fingerless cycling gloves. They're very light and have a padded palm. Here's a link. They come in many colors and styles.

I don't feel the need for gloves with either of my lawnmowers but my string trimmer vibrates a lot so the gloves are helpful with it.

The gloves I have from Gempler's are fingerless, best way to go in summer! ~~ grnspot110

monica123

Threads
Mine have fingers in them, I did not know they came fingerless. I dare say fingerless would be way better in warmer climates than whole gloves.