Liquid coming out of atv exhaust

D2hornets58

Threads
The front cables ten to break where they go to the front wheels. You will have to buy the complete cables and they can be pricey. Also if you replace the cables also install new front brake shoes.
Ya i will have to order all that stuff soon and replace everything. I have replaced the rear bake shoes but not the front ones so I will do that when I get new cables.
Reynoldston has you on a better path than I do, follow his recommendations. He knows more about these units than I do.
Ok thanks for the help.
Can't say I have ever seen a plow on a LT160. It is just 2WD and very light duty. Just how well does it work for you? Do you have tire chains or weight on the back? I have seen a lot of 4WD ATVs with plows.

Ya it doesnt seem like the ideal ATV to plow with but it does suprisingly well. It is 2wd. I dont use chains and dont put any weight on the back. I have no problem pushing snow as long as its not more then a couple inches. As long as i somewhat keep up with the storm then I have no problem. I get stuck every once in a while but not as much as you would think for a 2wd. I will try to get that bolt on the muffler out tomorrow and see if theres any water in there. Do you think I should run it for a while or just wait untill I need to use it and just use it then?
Thanks

chance123

Threads
If your oil is milky white, I would recommend draining when it is hot and refilling with fresh oil. That milky white is an indication of water in your oil.

D2hornets58

Threads
If your oil is milky white, I would recommend draining when it is hot and refilling with fresh oil. That milky white is an indication of water in your oil.

OK but the Just the very top of the oil level (looking through the window) is white. The rest is not.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

I can't understand why there would be water in the oil ( milky colored oil) unless you were running this machine into really deep water like under water. Yes I have seen this but it would have to be under water to happen. You will find that this ATV is made to ride in deep water and not get into the engine or drive train. You will actually find this machine is light enough that it will float and not get water into the engine. But if it is the case I agree to get this oil changed. If it is just water in the muffler the most that will happen the muffler will rust out which I have also seen but you will find that this is repairable because it's not like a car muffler because you can weld a patch onto it which I have also done. A lawn mower forum isn't the place to talk about ATVs because its different beast. You will find if you go to a ATV forum you can find proper information for a ATV not a lawn mower. Believe me I am not trying to be negative here but trying to be helpful. I run and repair ATVs and lawn mowers.

chance123

Threads
I can't understand why there would be water in the oil ( milky colored oil) I run and repair ATVs and lawn mowers.

I too can't understand it. Possibly the engine stopped with the EX valve part way open and water got in. I have seen people bring their machines in with water in the fuel tank and when I tell them about the water in the fuel, they look at me as though my dipstick wasn't quite touching oil!! They refuse to believe it. I remember once a 5 year old was trying to be like daddy, but instead he took the water hose to the fuel tank and the oil thinking daddy would be proud of him.
FWIW I personally don't take offence to ATV ?'s. It's the slow season and "all" questions keep us sharp and in tune.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I too can't understand it. Possibly the engine stopped with the EX valve part way open and water got in. I have seen people bring their machines in with water in the fuel tank and when I tell them about the water in the fuel, they look at me as though my dipstick wasn't quite touching oil!! They refuse to believe it. I remember once a 5 year old was trying to be like daddy, but instead he took the water hose to the fuel tank and the oil thinking daddy would be proud of him.
FWIW I personally don't take offence to ATV ?'s. It's the slow season and "all" questions keep us sharp and in tune.

OK for this to happen we would have to say the muffler would have to have a lot of water in it to turn the oil milky white. My thought on that the muffler would have been under water. Yes this is very possible when riding a ATV and yes I have been there with my ATVs in very extreme riding. But never with a 2WD 160. This is the reason for the drain plug in the muffler. I just don't know of any lawn mowers with a water drain plug in there mufflers. Now if he had that much water in the gas tank the engine wouldn't run. This person would just get a lot better information on a ATV forum I am saying. I personally don't care and just telling them what I know because I am very familiar with the LT160 Suzuki. I also own a older one and only use it as a extra machine when the need comes up.

D2hornets58

Threads
Ya i know this isnt the place to be asking but just thought id see if anyone here knew what it could be. I havnt ridden it since september and I just change the oil. I also havnt really gone through any deep water. Maybe a little mud but nothing deep. All the oil isnt milky white just like the very top of the oil level. The rest looks normal colored.

metz12

Threads
Ya i know this isnt the place to be asking but just thought id see if anyone here knew what it could be. I havnt ridden it since september and I just change the oil. I also havnt really gone through any deep water. Maybe a little mud but nothing deep. All the oil isnt milky white just like the very top of the oil level. The rest looks normal colored.

You getting ready to plow in the morning? is it snowing where your at? it is in southern ri! good thing i got my plow on my mower!

D2hornets58

Threads
You getting ready to plow in the morning? is it snowing where your at? it is in southern ri! good thing i got my plow on my mower!

Haha i wish. Nothing but rain for me. Its like a mix right now but no snow is sticking. Im not getting anything from this. im in southern ma. Im jealous of the people getting a foot. All day i saw every driving around with their blades on. I came home thinking they changed the forecast for my area. But its still just a coating to an inch where I am. I never even put my plow on. How much are you gettung?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
We are getting over 14 in. here in upper NY. Myself I remove snow with a Wheel horse and snow blower on front. Also its time to get the snowmobile out for me and put away the ATVs. You must get a good amount of snow in Massachusetts. You must give that 160 a good work out.