Liquid coming out of atv exhaust

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you have the unit stored where the average temp has been below 40 degrees, I would suspect that it is just a collection of moisture in the exhaust system. You have an air cooled system, which means the only liquid would be oil. Cloudily white could be moisture in the oil. A rule of thumb I have always told my students, black smoke means rich fuel mixture, blue smoke means oil, and white means water. If it is water, it should clear up when the engine run awhile at normal operating temperature.

D2hornets58

Threads
If you have the unit stored where the average temp has been below 40 degrees, I would suspect that it is just a collection of moisture in the exhaust system. You have an air cooled system, which means the only liquid would be oil. Cloudily white could be moisture in the oil. A rule of thumb I have always told my students, black smoke means rich fuel mixture, blue smoke means oil, and white means water. If it is water, it should clear up when the engine run awhile at normal operating temperature.

OK thank you for the help. It was in my garage but i had both of the garage doors open all morning and it was very cold outside. So is the white cloudiness that ws above the oil not a problem?
Thanks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
A Suzuki LT160 is a air cooled engine. There is a drain plug on the bottom of the muffler. If you can get it out I would see if you have water build up in the muffler. If its water that would be the only place it could come from. I can tell you most anythink you want to know about this ATV seeing I have done a lot of work on them. They have a very poor front brake system.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
See if it disappears after running awhile at normal temp. At this time I wouldn't over rev the unit. In my opinion, from what you are telling me, I don't think it is a problem, but watch the oil level to stay ahead of any problem.

D2hornets58

Threads
A Suzuki LT160 is a air cooled engine. There is a drain plug on the bottom of the muffler. If you can get it out I would see if you have water build up in the muffler. If its water that would be the only place it could come from. I can tell you most anythink you want to know about this ATV seeing I have done a lot of work on them. They have a very poor front brake system.

Ok i will see if I can get that out. I currently have no front brakes. Both of the cables broke and I have not yet replaced them. Thanks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
See if it disappears after running awhile at normal temp. At this time I wouldn't over rev the unit. In my opinion, from what you are telling me, I don't think it is a problem, but watch the oil level to stay ahead of any problem.

I am thinking if you look in the owner's manual It tells you to remove this muffler drain plug as a maintenance.

D2hornets58

Threads

Right now im just using i for plowing. Do you think i should start it up and let it run for a while or should I just wait untill it snows and then just use it then. I wont be riding it other then plowing so should I let it run for a while or just keep an eye on the oil level while plowing?
Thanks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok i will see if I can get that out. I currently have no front brakes. Both of the cables broke and I have not yet replaced them. Thanks

The front cables ten to break where they go to the front wheels. You will have to buy the complete cables and they can be pricey. Also if you replace the cables also install new front brake shoes.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Reynoldston has you on a better path than I do, follow his recommendations. He knows more about these units than I do.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Right now im just using i for plowing. Do you think i should start it up and let it run for a while or should I just wait untill it snows and then just use it then. I wont be riding it other then plowing so should I let it run for a while or just keep an eye on the oil level while plowing?
Thanks

Can't say I have ever seen a plow on a LT160. It is just 2WD and very light duty. Just how well does it work for you? Do you have tire chains or weight on the back? I have seen a lot of 4WD ATVs with plows.