Deere X300 48" opinions

Teddy

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 42" deck also has the washout port, as far as 4 wheel steering I'm not sure you would need it as you describe your land as flat, no obstacles and only 2 trees. I've been using our new x310 and really like it, and it comes with a servicable transaxel!

PJ

Threads
I've enjoyed lurking on this forum (especially the Snapper area) and finally decided to sign up!

I'm considering the X300 with the 48" deck and powerflow bagger and wanted to see if any of you could give any advice regarding this combination. It seems like the majority of the x300's I've seen have the standard bagger and 42" deck.

I have about a half acre (closer to 3/4 really) that's completely flat with no obstacles except for a large tree in the front and one in the back. I don't use any ground engaging equipment and never pull any attachments. I would mainly bag in the fall, but occasionally would during the spring and summer for special occasions.

I've always wanted a John Deere and would like to support the "dealer network" more than the big box stores. I've read several complaints about the Tuff Torq hydros so that's been weighing on my mind, but I also live about 30 minutes from TT so I could drop by to get replacement parts if needed.

Do any of you have any comments you'd like to share?The JD warranty seems hard to beat and the dealer is extremely close by should I have issues. The rebate for $500 through Fedruary is also enticing.

Thanks in advance,
Sid. :smile:

I have a X140 with a 48" deck and a bagger working well do not attempt wet grass must be dry and also fit high lift blades made for the bagger

PJ

[/B][/I]