I need a fence!

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
None of my yard is fenced in and it's really starting to annoy me. I want to be able to have a place to hang out, lets the dogs loose etc. I really need to get a fence. Any cheap options?

rekees

Threads
2X4 galvanized farm fence is around $1.50 a foot (excluding posts). Will confine a dog.

mois25

Threads
I cannot picture my place without a fence. It is akin to washing both your clean and dirty linen in public. Do not even think of how much it would cost at this moment. Get a fence then after you are done, reflect on how much you spent.

You will sure find a justification!

brucesdeere

Threads
We have our deck fenced in. I live too close to the road not to, I fear for my children if I didn't have a fence.

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
Wow, that's really good. Thank you! I also really like the idea of the fenced in deck. That would be nice too. Gosh, I just want everything :p

brucesdeere

Threads
Wow, that's really good. Thank you! I also really like the idea of the fenced in deck. That would be nice too. Gosh, I just want everything :p

It is a God send with little ones, They can play while I garden and I know they aren't getting out or playing in traffic, makes me feel way more comfortable outside with them.

Harriet

Threads
The type of fence you choose really depends on what the fence's purpose is. A fence for privacy would be different than one for security or for containing dogs and children. Maintenance is also a consideration. Are the looks of the fence important to you? Building one yourself is least expensive.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
2X4 galvanized farm fence is around $1.50 a foot (excluding posts). Will confine a dog.

A four-foot fence will confine a small dog - five feet will confine 99% of dogs.

My first project on my weekend getaway farm was a fence for my dog. I can let her loose when I'm around but if I go off on my bike, she'll try to follow.