Golf cart motorcycle engine conversion

mullins87

Threads
I haven't been around in quite a while. Life and work has been less than easy these past two years. Anyway, I received a PM from a new member "Dobbz21" about this project of mine from nearly three years ago. He is building an EZ-Go with a 900cc motorcycle engine. I don't know how he found this thread. I have done numerous searches and have never seen this thread show up in the results. The pics for this build are located in my album titled "Winter Project 2012".

cchurchill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Came across this build. I am in the process of building a Yamaha g2 cart with a Kawasaki 250cc swap. Was curious on how fast yours ended up going? And were you happy with a 250cc? Got a lot of good ideas from your build! Just started mine, can't wait till its done!

Thanks!

mullins87

Threads
I have been happy with the build overall. I don't like the very noisy chain drive, and the engine is adequate. I chose the 250cc liquid cooled engine for its compact size, but it doesn't have a lot of low end torque. I should have thought about my engine choice a little longer. As far as top speed, I don't know. I've had it up into the 50's and it had a lot more left. On paper it's geared for 80-90 mph. If I were to rebuild it, I would rethink the chain drive and put in a larger engine.

cchurchill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks! You said it doesn't have much low end torque. How does it do for just "putting" around in 1st or 2nd gear?