John Deere is stuck

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I don't think you have any problem. Turning the pulley by hand does make the axles seem very slow. Also, if you hold one axle it will stop turn, just like you experienced with the key missing. Try holding both axles, one with a vice grip and one by hand. I'll bet you will feel a lot of resistance in the one your holding by hand.

mowerguy

Threads
Finally got back to working on the Deere tonight. After draining the old oil, adding new and reinstalling the tranny. I still couldn't get it to move. I jacked the rear end of the mower up and pumped the mower forward and reverse many times to prime the new oil. Finally the wheels started to spin. I let it back down on the ground and the mower propelled itself forward and reverse. Thanks for all the help. What could have been an expensive repair job was done for less than 30 bucks.

Threads
Finally got back to working on the Deere tonight. After draining the old oil, adding new and reinstalling the tranny. I still couldn't get it to move. I jacked the rear end of the mower up and pumped the mower forward and reverse many times to prime the new oil. Finally the wheels started to spin. I let it back down on the ground and the mower propelled itself forward and reverse. Thanks for all the help. What could have been an expensive repair job was done for less than 30 bucks.

I'm glad you fixed it! :thumbsup:

MBTRAC

Threads

:thumbsup: Great result - nothing like that feeling of being able to fix something that's broke........:cool:

mowerguy

Threads
Yes it was a very satisfying feeling. Also a great learning experience?

HarryHarley

Threads
Good story.Way to stick with it. The results paid off...