NOS snapper walkbehinds to buy or not to buy

jakewells

Threads
I found these two mower for sale one is a honda and the other is what looks like a big 6 tecumseh? i might be wrong here is the first one.

21 inch tecumseh 4hp electric start self propelled hivac with bagger seems very nice to be so old
Small Engine Warehouse: SNAPPER-214015 - Snapper Lawnmower SNAPPER SNAPPER Mower - 214015, Tecumseh, RB, SP, Electric Start

21 inch 5.5 hp ohc honda self propelled side discharge looks beastly :cool:
Small Engine Warehouse: SNAPPER-216012SD - Snapper Lawnmower SNAPPER - 216012, 5.5hp Honda OHC, 21", Self Propelled, Side Discharge

Not exactly cheap but these seem better made than the newer snappers not sure of the year on those but im guessing the hivac is at least 20 yrs old.

Threads

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
jakewells said:
I found these two mower for sale one is a honda and the other is what looks like a big 6 tecumseh? i might be wrong here is the first one.

21 inch tecumseh 4hp electric start self propelled hivac with bagger seems very nice to be so old
Small Engine Warehouse: SNAPPER-214015 - Snapper Lawnmower SNAPPER SNAPPER Mower - 214015, Tecumseh, RB, SP, Electric Start

21 inch 5.5 hp ohc honda self propelled side discharge looks beastly :cool:
Small Engine Warehouse: SNAPPER-216012SD - Snapper Lawnmower SNAPPER - 216012, 5.5hp Honda OHC, 21", Self Propelled, Side Discharge

Not exactly cheap but these seem better made than the newer snappers not sure of the year on those but im guessing the hivac is at least 20 yrs old.

Go with the side discharge You can also bag and mulch with it.

The hi vac is a awesome mower if your just going to bag or mulch but does not work very good with a mulching blade.

The side discharge works very well with a gator blade. You can mow over a newspaper and have no paper left.

No mater witch one you get your getting the BEST push mower ever made. The deck will last longer than you and the cut is a so much better quality than any other mower

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

jakewells

Threads
They aren't cheap, but they look like good mowers! :thumbsup: Which one were you leaning towards if you decided to get one?

***For anyone that doesn't feel like clicking the links here are the pics of the mowers:
View attachment 9919 (Small Engine Warehouse: SNAPPER-214015 - Snapper Lawnmower SNAPPER SNAPPER Mower - 214015, Tecumseh, RB, SP, Electric Start)

View attachment 9920 (Small Engine Warehouse: SNAPPER-216012SD - Snapper Lawnmower SNAPPER - 216012, 5.5hp Honda OHC, 21", Self Propelled, Side Discharge)

Neither right now the weight and the price is what kills it for me shipping them is 130.00 alone.

lawnman tx

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was a dealers back in the 80's. Snapper was the best mower for the money and the frame was great. I do not know about the motors they use now. I purchase one for our maintenance dept at the university I work at and it has been a good mower.

Snapperfreak

Threads
no question, i'd go with the older Tecumseh mower. u can buy the side-discharge if u want for around $25. the older ones are built better, period.