Engine oil type recomended for my kohler 18 hp magnum

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Because of it's heat stability... That is one of the reasons to run a synthetic in an air cooled engine...
:smile:KennyV

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
will this t6 hold up under high heat ? I cut grass several times this summer in a 100 + temp which makes the engine run even hotter. not much choice when it is that hot every day

Try mowing in Florida where 100 degree heat and heat indexes of 105 are almost a weekly thing. Post 9 was out of the manual for your motor. I run Mobil 5000 10w30 in all my mowers engines, Kohler, Kawasaki and Hondas and have never had a problem with any and I run my mowers 6 days a week.
Lawnmower engines were designed to run on regular motor oil as the manufacturer recommends. Synthetic motor oil was designed for automotive use. Running a synthetic in a Lawnmower engine is not cost effective because of the frequency of change. Will this t6 hold up under high heat, yes but if you change your oil the way you should so will the Mobil 5000 or any other oil you want to use.

bbrhodeback@gmail.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi

Is this a gas or diesel engine and what temp do you use this engine in depends on oil weight for the temp you use it. I think i would go with what kohler advises to use for this engine. And welcome aboard ::tongue:

gas