Compression tester

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Like I said a brand name or a cheap mowers both cut grass. It all depends what you are going to do with them. If I have to depend on a tool for a living its not going to be from Harbor freight. There are a lot of top quality tools out there besides snap-on also. Now that I am retired and no longer use my tools as hard or as much any more, yes I buy mine from Harbor Freight. Yes I can sure see a difference between Snap-on and Harbor Freight. Harbor Freight are throw away tools when you break one. Now as far as air tools went, back when I was using them every day I bought CP because they were rebuild-able. I really don't know that much about air wrenches anymore because mine are over 20 years old and don't use them much .

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As I said. In another thread, I would look into a cylinder leakage tester, if I could afford it. No only will it tell you if you have a cylinder problem, but where it is. Are you loosing compression through the valves, head gasket, or rings. You will be able to diagnosis before you start a teardown.

chance123

Threads
back when I was using them every day I bought CP because they were rebuild-able.
CP as in Chicago Pneumatic? That is what Harbor Freight sells. I also use an IR (Ingersol Rand) impact wrench.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Careful, CP at Harbor Frieght means Central Pnuematic NOT Chicago pneumatic. Different company, different quality.

chance123

Threads
Careful, CP at Harbor Frieght means Central Pnuematic NOT Chicago pneumatic. Different company, different quality.

You are absolutely right! I stand corrected.