bypass a seat switch

hrdman2luv

Threads
BECAUSE THE SEAT SWITCH IS THE ONLY THING THAT ACTUALLY PROTECTS BOTH THE OWNER AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.

All the other stuff is bum covering crap.
Because there is never a valid reason for dissabling it
Because dissabling it can cover up other electrical problems.
because it is easy to get at every brain dead total idiot moron useless bastard shaved monkey imitating a real human being does a you tube video showing equally stupid lazy idiots how to do something that does not cure any problem.

Laziness? Laziness is having a riding mower to begin with, instead of a regular push mower. Or better yet, a mower with a motor.

he he he he..(Just thought I'd drop that into the bucket)

RDA.Lawns

Threads
4 wires in the plug but only 2 in the main wiring harnesses. Clip the grey n black wire in the harness. Connect them together and its bypassed.

primerbulb120

Threads
2 choices primer... 1. carry a case of Budweisers on your lap ..2. carry a cinder-block on your lap ... Wellll ... A really HOT
sweetie would be nice too !! ....NAAAHHH you wouldn't finish the lawn ..!!! ( LOL )

Maybe I need to gain some weight. :laughing:

joe king

Forum Newbie
Threads
4 wires in the plug but only 2 in the main wiring harnesses. Clip the grey n black wire in the harness. Connect them together and its bypassed.
i have a new cub cadet 2017 will this work for me please let me know

Old Man 1550

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes I repair lawnmowers for a living and I meet a lot of very clever people who just do stupid things because they do not think about what they are doing.
My public liability & professional indemnity insurance policies both have hand written exclusion clauses if any repair leaves the shop without all safety switches in a functional condition.

THERE IS NO REASON EVER TO DISABLE THE SEAT SWITCH EXCEPT FROM BONE LAZYNESS

OK, that is your opinion.
If you were like me, having bought a new mower when I could, but due to an accident that was due to a drunk driver hitting me, and 2 old injuries from many years ago, I now live on $1400.00 USD per month (Disabled and I hate it). If I am told I have to buy a new seat, or I can wire around the switch, guess which one I am going to take. It may just take me 6 months to save the money for a new seat.
I worked since I was 13, was in Vietnam, worked as an engineer/machinist/repairman for 45 years. Due to my medical bills, and my Wife's cancer treatments, I don't have the funds to go out and buy a new seat
Think before you open your mouth. I am one person that is NOT lazy, no matter what you think. If I had my old hips and spine back, I'd work circles around most people. Once I did 78 hours straight. If that's "Bone laziness" to you, then I question your intelligence.
Thank you for your time.
Bill
Missouri.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most seat switches are 12 to 14 dollars.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Seat switches are easy to replace and quite cheap.
You get after market ones down here for around $ 10 monopoly money so that goes around $ 5 US.
However if the seat has become distorted due to you being unable to sit properly in it then it may need replacing or even upgrading.
I sympathise with your situation but responses are made on the basis of the information supplied.
Several members have made refference to volunteer groups who assist veterans with lawncare & maintenance of lawn care equipment.
If you particular circumstances require modifications to be made to standard mowers then there are people who will do it for free , usually ex-serviemen themselves.
This service has been mentioned several times on this forum so would be worth checking to see if it is available in your locality.
As a person who has been severely injured through no fault of your own I am sure the last thing you would want to do is cause injury to others, particularly if the others were members of your family
Occasionally I get to look at the local mower service technicians newsletters and every one carries several stories of people being seriously injured by mowers where the seat switch had been disabled and in many cases the service technician was found criminally liable .
There is a lot of junk added to mowers to protect the factories from litigation that serves no real purpose other than that.
The big exception is the seat switch.

QuantumRift

Forum Newbie
Threads
You get the same 'attitude' no matter what forum you are on. Case in point: I belong to Genesis Owners forum (I have a 2012 Genesis). I wanted to disable the block on displaying videos on the main screen on the dash while vehicle is in motion. I asked and I got a litany of responses damning me and calling me stupid, violating laws etc, all because I wanted to be able to run a movie video, etc on the main view screen for my wife to watch on long trips. Doesn't matter I am OK with it and ignore the view screen anyways. Well long story short, I found a kit that lets me play Video In Motion and all is good. And that's been since 2011.

You do things your way that's fine. Be by the book. But someone on a public forum asked a technical question how to . Not the legality of it. So why are you making a argument out of a simple thing? You have no legal responsibility so just answer the question and stop trying to be Mr hot shot by the fkn book mechanic. PS anyone want to pm me I'll tell you how to bypass any or all safety switches. And I'm not lazy as Bert suggests.

QuantumRift

Forum Newbie
Threads
Most mowers have a TIMER circuit that is connected into the seat switch circuit. My 1999 John Deere has it, it's a delay timer that prevents the engine from being killed if there is a momentary 'bump' of the driver off the seat. IT's about 20 seconds, and it does work. I've since bypassed my seat switch as well because the timer circuit has failed twice. But if you experience a momentary 'bounce' and the engine dies, you got a cheap mower. LOL.