bypass a seat switch

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You know a bunch of stupid people, do ya?

Yes I repair lawnmowers for a living and I meet a lot of very clever people who just do stupid things because they do not think about what they are doing.
My public liability & professional indemnity insurance policies both have hand written exclusion clauses if any repair leaves the shop without all safety switches in a functional condition.

THERE IS NO REASON EVER TO DISABLE THE SEAT SWITCH EXCEPT FROM BONE LAZYNESS

RDA.Lawns

Threads
You do things your way that's fine. Be by the book. But someone on a public forum asked a technical question how to . Not the legality of it. So why are you making a argument out of a simple thing? You have no legal responsibility so just answer the question and stop trying to be Mr hot shot by the fkn book mechanic. PS anyone want to pm me I'll tell you how to bypass any or all safety switches. And I'm not lazy as Bert suggests.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You do things your way that's fine. Be by the book. But someone on a public forum asked a technical question how to . Not the legality of it. So why are you making a argument out of a simple thing? You have no legal responsibility so just answer the question and stop trying to be Mr hot shot by the fkn book mechanic. PS anyone want to pm me I'll tell you how to bypass any or all safety switches. And I'm not lazy as Bert suggests.

BECAUSE THE SEAT SWITCH IS THE ONLY THING THAT ACTUALLY PROTECTS BOTH THE OWNER AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.

All the other stuff is bum covering crap.
Because there is never a valid reason for dissabling it
Because dissabling it can cover up other electrical problems.
because it is easy to get at every brain dead total idiot moron useless bastard shaved monkey imitating a real human being does a you tube video showing equally stupid lazy idiots how to do something that does not cure any problem.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Think that gives me a idea. I'll go make a few YouTube videos how to bipass seat switches. I'll start with my new 9k bobcats and then my toros. No reason not to bypass them if they are faulty. With that said if you don't like it you can kiss my a**

primerbulb120

Threads
I'm not very heavy (around 120 lbs) so I've had some problems with seat switches not recognizing when I'm in the seat. :laughing:

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Every time I reach into my back pocket for my snuff my mower wants to die or I lean back getting my but off the seat to adjust my boxers . Solution bypass seat switch. Yes even on my brand new mowers!

primerbulb120

Threads
Every time I reach into my back pocket for my snuff my mower wants to die or I lean back getting my but off the seat to adjust my boxers . Solution bypass seat switch. Yes even on my brand new mowers!

When I mow a bumpy yard and get bounced up and down on the mower seat, it runs fine because the seat switch is bypassed. If it wasn't bypassed, the engine and deck belt would be under an unnecessary amount of stress due to the engine cutting in and out.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
My 40 hp Kubota tractor has a seat switch I bypassed as well. That was easy a zip tie worked well. Every once in awhile I need to be off it with PTO on. Especially if I'm splitting wood with my PTO log splitter or use my post hole auger .

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
When I mow a bumpy yard and get bounced up and down on the mower seat, it runs fine because the seat switch is bypassed. If it wasn't bypassed, the engine and deck belt would be under an unnecessary amount of stress due to the engine cutting in and out.

2 choices primer... 1. carry a case of Budweisers on your lap ..2. carry a cinder-block on your lap ... Wellll ... A really HOT
sweetie would be nice too !! ....NAAAHHH you wouldn't finish the lawn ..!!! ( LOL )

hrdman2luv

Threads
My 40 hp Kubota tractor has a seat switch I bypassed as well. That was easy a zip tie worked well. Every once in awhile I need to be off it with PTO on. Especially if I'm splitting wood with my PTO log splitter or use my post hole auger .

I have a gt 5000, (27hp Briggs) I bypassed the seat safety switch and it runs great, until I engage the PTO. Then it does. The blades turn for a couple of seconds, so I know it's not locked up.
How do you by pass that switch and still allow the PTO to run.

BTW, the seat switch is 4 in a row. Not 2 on top of two.

The main reason I had to by pass it, is because I changed seats. The switch didn't fit the switch.