3100 Lights

dnrsslr

Threads
I would like to add light(s?) to my 3100 for blowing snow. I think I would use LED lights for lower power draw. I'm looking for some suggestions for how and where to mount them. (I don't have a cab or roll cage.) Has anyone else done this? Pictures?

Threads
I thought they came on it, like in this picture: ventrac.jpg but I guess not. You might be able to buy one to install there. If not, I would suggest to put one below the steering column.

dnrsslr

Threads
Yes, it does have a light there. It's not as bright as I would like. And, due to it's location, a lot of the light is blocked by the blower chute. Also, when the blower is raised, a LOT of the light is blocked by the blower itself.

slammed

Threads
Yes, it does have a light there. It's not as bright as I would like. And, due to it's location, a lot of the light is blocked by the blower chute. Also, when the blower is raised, a LOT of the light is blocked by the blower itself.

That info would have helped the first poster. I would mount them on the blower some where.

Threads
Oh, OK. I get it.

dnrsslr

Threads
I had two fears with mounting to the blower. Should I be concerned about these or not?
1. Will they lights hold up to the vibration of the running blower and the "shock" from when I drop the blower (I try to do it softly but there is a pretty good bang sometimes)?
2. If the lights are on the blower, they will likely get snow on them. Most lights would melt the snow so there would be no drop in visibility. I have heard, since LED lights are cooler, they would not melt the snow so the snow would start to block the light.

Threads
I had two fears with mounting to the blower. Should I be concerned about these or not?
1. Will they lights hold up to the vibration of the running blower and the "shock" from when I drop the blower (I try to do it softly but there is a pretty good bang sometimes)?
2. If the lights are on the blower, they will likely get snow on them. Most lights would melt the snow so there would be no drop in visibility. I have heard, since LED lights are cooler, they would not melt the snow so the snow would start to block the light.

For your first concern, yes, there is a chance it could get vibrated off.
And for the second, that is true, the lights could get covered.
I am going to let more experienced people discuss ways to overcome these problems.

slammed

Threads

I'm no expert but what I have found is they hold up better then a standered bulb on the bumps and as far as keeping them clear I have no clue unless you can spray them with a ice shield like what you would us on your car windows.

dnrsslr

Threads
Should lights be located above, below, in front of, or behind the driver? Or, am I just way over analyzing this?! See attached picture for kind of what I have in mind right now. The red line would be a piece of slotted angle iron maybe 24" long with the lights mounted at the ends. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• DSCN1870.jpg
    DSCN1870.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 23

slammed

Threads
Should lights be located above, below, in front of, or behind the driver? Or, am I just way over analyzing this?! See attached picture for kind of what I have in mind right now. The red line would be a piece of slotted angle iron maybe 24" long with the lights mounted at the ends. Any thoughts?

That would work or you could mount them on each side of the blower at the top or on top of the blower itself.