3100 Lights

Raw Dodge

Threads
I'd reconsider LEDs... Any snow application using LEDs will require you to constantly clean the lights... They don't generate enough heat to melt away the snow covering them... I won't use them on my salt spreaders.Snow builds right up over them.

dnrsslr

Threads
Hmmmm..... thanks for the warning. I was leaning toward LEDs for two reasons: 1. Bright light and 2. Low amp draw for the amount of light I get. I'm hoping, if I mount them a distance away from the blower, there will be less snow blowing on them. And, I should be able to reach them from my seat to wipe them off if needed.

Threads
Hmmmm..... thanks for the warning. I was leaning toward LEDs for two reasons: 1. Bright light and 2. Low amp draw for the amount of light I get. I'm hoping, if I mount them a distance away from the blower, there will be less snow blowing on them. And, I should be able to reach them from my seat to wipe them off if needed.

Yeah, it wouldn't be hard to wipe them off every once and awhile.

Raw Dodge

Threads
If the lights are within easy reach, grab the LEDs... That is the only downside to them.

dnrsslr

Threads
Thanks for all the input; that's why I enjoy this forum!

For clarity (pun intended) I actually have a Ventrac 3000, not the newer 3100 model as I listed in the original title.

It would still be interesting to see pictures from people who own a 3000 or 3100 and have actually mounted lights on them in some way.

dnrsslr

Threads
How do I compare LED light options? There is a light on Amazon for $30.50 (plus shipping) that claims 1200 lumens. At Nothern Tool, they have a TruckStar DC LED Utility Light that says 375 lumens for $39.99. Will I really get three times as much light from the one on Amazon?

There might be a better place to ask this. If so, just let me know!

JackIL

Threads
I suggest you first get the ROPS and then put the lights near the top of it. That will provide plenty of elevation to prevent the blower and blowing snow from blocking the lighted area.

Threads
I suggest you first get the ROPS and then put the lights near the top of it. That will provide plenty of elevation to prevent the blower and blowing snow from blocking the lighted area.

That wouldn't be a bad idea!