WHAT TO DO IN WINTER

Threads
In the winter here in PA we don't mow for about 3 1/2 months. I was wondering if there is anything you should do to get ready for the next season (related to my lawn care business). :anyone:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
In the winter here in PA we don't mow for about 3 1/2 months. I was wondering if there is anything you should do to get ready for the next season (related to my lawn care business). :anyone:

If I have a chance I do all the maintenance, like changing air filters, spark plugs, gas filters, changing oil and oil filters, changing out blades etc. on all my mowers and do the same on all my hand held stuff. My problem is I never stop lawn-care totally during winter months.

D2hornets58

Threads
If I have a chance I do all the maintenance, like changing air filters, spark plugs, gas filters, changing oil and oil filters, changing out blades etc. on all my mowers and do the same on all my hand held stuff. My problem is I never stop lawn-care totally during winter months.

Ya i think everything he just said. Also if you need any new equiptment look around for some good deals. And hope it snows!

the lawn guy

Threads
We usually service all the machines, trucks, etc. Clean the garage areas. Locate all tools I lent out to my guys all year. The most important thing we do to prepare for the next year is to sit down with all our supervisors, and ask them what they thought about the past year. What areas can we improve on. How are the crews doing. Do we need to think about buying any new equipment? How can we grow the business,etc. Are the customers happy with us?

slammed

Threads
We usually service all the machines, trucks, etc. Clean the garage areas. Locate all tools I lent out to my guys all year. The most important thing we do to prepare for the next year is to sit down with all our supervisors, and ask them what they thought about the past year. What areas can we improve on. How are the crews doing. Do we need to think about buying any new equipment? How can we grow the business,etc. Are the customers happy with us?

My answer has been covered. No need to say more.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Every answer here are things you should be doing every day why wait till winter to change oil or all your filters or blades or any other kind of maint. Every day you should be thinking or talking about or talking with your crews about what path your going down.
The only thing your doing in winter is winter yard work. You have shrubs and trees that SHOULD only be trimmed or cut back in the winter. You have pine straw and mulch that needs to be done after fall cleaning is done.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

the lawn guy

Threads
You are correct. We do all of these things during the year. I should have been more specific. Our machine servicing is the final one till the spring. The final year end meeting is to see if the changes we made during the year worked. We always talk with our customers. This was meant to go over any final thoughts.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
the lawn guy said:
You are correct. We do all of these things during the year. I should have been more specific. Our machine servicing is the final one till the spring. The final year end meeting is to see if the changes we made during the year worked. We always talk with our customers. This was meant to go over any final thoughts.

10-4 I got ya. I know guys that do yard care and just gas and go. Makes me so mad it's almost as bad as watching them cut a yard doing circles

Sent from my iPhone using LMF