Honda HRM 21

dgl24087

Threads
I've been looking for a self propelled mower to replace my old push mower. I ran across an ad for a used Honda HRM 21 rear drive self propelled, The mower appears to be in like new condition cosmetically from the pictures posted in the ad. Best info I can find indicates this mower was manufactured in the 90's !? Any feedback?

dgl24087

Threads
I looked at the mower today and bought it. It's in near new condition, runs and cuts better than anything I've ever owned. A big plus is that it is old enough to still have throttle control!

briggs

Threads
great mower you will have many good years of service out of it ...One little secret about them if you have trouble starting it check to make sure the choke is closing all the way ..Sometimes the plastic cover on the cable will ware and let the cable move just a bit and it wont start if the choke is not closed all the way ..Other then that i haven't had much trouble with mine just stupid little things here and there

lizard

Threads
The motors are virtually bullet proof........but the gearboxs....have their problems,,,,,,,pray yours is good .......lol:laughing:

Mini Motors

Threads
Around 1983, actually. And the gearbox's from that era are pretty tough. I firmly believe that this era of Honda mowers are what gave them their reputation. I realize this is an old thread. I hope he got it.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes it's an old post, have not seen lizard in a long while... can't imagine he is reading these and not saying anything since February.... :smile:KennyV

dgl24087

Threads
Around 1983, actually. And the gearbox's from that era are pretty tough. I firmly believe that this era of Honda mowers are what gave them their reputation. I realize this is an old thread. I hope he got it.
I bought the mower and have absolutely no complaints. Starts on first pull, quieter than my 2 prior mowers, 1 Tecumseh and 1 Briggs. This is my third mower in 23 years.