Side-hill problem

geggle

Threads
I put this in another thread so maybe more people will see it......Have a 20hp MTGHS which had a elect problem that is now fixed. It also had a carb problem. I sent it in and they rebuilt carb, etc. It runs fine until I am on a side hill with the right side being the downhill side. It then eventually loses power like it's starved for fuel. When I change attitude (turn up/down hill) it revs right back up. This does not seem to occur when on a Left-side down side hill. Does this sound like a float level problem?

doomer33

Forum Newbie
Threads
I put this in another thread so maybe more people will see it......Have a 20hp MTGHS which had a elect problem that is now fixed. It also had a carb problem. I sent it in and they rebuilt carb, etc. It runs fine until I am on a side hill with the right side being the downhill side. It then eventually loses power like it's starved for fuel. When I change attitude (turn up/down hill) it revs right back up. This does not seem to occur when on a Left-side down side hill. Does this sound like a float level problem?

I have the same issue- any thoughts??

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok create your own thread. Include the model number and engine model. Brief description of your problems.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

yes you are quite correct.
Two alternatives.
fit a diaphragm carby . Tillotsen will make one that will fit
or
modify the way you mow the grass.

Always remember that the oil also is affected by gravity and if you run along a slope for too long the oil pump can also end up pumping air not oil which is not particularly good for the mower either.