Snow Plow on ZTR mower?

Ida-Boy

Threads
I can take a couple tomorrow when I bring it up front from the barn. Doubt if I will use it on the 24th but they are talking 3 to 6 on Wednesday eve to Thursday.

Threads
I can take a couple tomorrow when I bring it up front from the barn. Doubt if I will use it on the 24th but they are talking 3 to 6 on Wednesday eve to Thursday.

OK cool...can't wait to see it!
Happy Holidays! :smile:

BWH

Threads
I have used a 612 Grasshopper since 1992 with a grasshopper blower it works great. Recently I have purchased a S185 Bobcat and added a snowblower, this gives me total comfort even in the winds of Nebraska not to mention I havent found a drift it dosen't just play with!

Attachments

• Grasshopper 612  & Snowblower.jpg
    Grasshopper 612 & Snowblower.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 59
  • S185 Bobcat & Snowblower.jpg
    S185 Bobcat & Snowblower.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 62
Threads
I have used a 612 Grasshopper since 1992 with a grasshopper blower it works great. Recently I have purchased a S185 Bobcat and added a snowblower, this gives me total comfort even in the winds of Nebraska not to mention I havent found a drift it dosen't just play with!

Impressive machines!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

metz12

Threads
I personally wouldnt put a plow on a zero turn, i just got one for my craftsman tractor. since they are such expensive machines, i wouldnt want to use it during the snow

Threads
I personally wouldnt put a plow on a zero turn, i just got one for my craftsman tractor. since they are such expensive machines, i wouldnt want to use it during the snow

I would feel more comfortable using a mower for plowing that has a front-mounted mower deck so I could easily take it off (like the 2nd picture in post #13) and replace it with the plow, compared to one that you would keep the deck on (mid-mount) and put the plow in front of it (like in post #1). I would be afraid the snow would mess up the mower deck/blades. I borrowed some previous post's pictures to demonstrate.
front-mount.jpg mid mount.jpg

Hustling

Threads
Is anyone else putting their ZTR mower to use in the winter too?
I have one on my Bad Boy Compact Diesel.
Works perfect. No weight added or chains either.

Old thread but but it is the time of year ... yes use he Z for plowing snow - you paid a lot for it and you won't hurt it. I have for several years.

Hustling

Threads
Here is a pic of the plow. Home made bracket.. swisher plow from Tractor Supply Company. I plow mine and many of my neighbors for the past 4 years. I do use chains. Plows like a beast. Hustler Mini Z 1,000lbs plus me over 1,300 over drive tires.

Attachments

• z w plow.png
    z w plow.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
  • z w plow.jpg
    z w plow.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 76
Threads
Here is a pic of the plow. Home made bracket.. swisher plow from Tractor Supply Company. I plow mine and many of my neighbors for the past 4 years. I do use chains. Plows like a beast. Hustler Mini Z 1,000lbs plus me over 1,300 over drive tires.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

OUTDOOR CONCEPTS

Threads
CleanSweep

If you have a Grasshopper and your not using a broom then your missing out! They are amazing on sidewalks for businesses and drives that do not need a snow plow! Check em out!