Hustler trimstar vs. scag pro-v

Nevets

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am joining a friends landscaping business this coming season and I am in the market for a walk behind. I am currently between the two mentioned in the title. Anyone have any advice that could aid in my choice? My buddy currently has a Hustler Fastrack super duty and talks highly of the brand but has no experience with the model I am interested in. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Threads
I am joining a friends landscaping business this coming season and I am in the market for a walk behind. I am currently between the two mentioned in the title. Anyone have any advice that could aid in my choice? My buddy currently has a Hustler Fastrack super duty and talks highly of the brand but has no experience with the model I am interested in. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

I would go with the Scag. Scag's are built very well and have a great cut. But they are also probably more expensive. I think the Hustler would still be good. Here are pics of the 2 mowers so others can see:
hustler trim star.jpg Personally I think the handles are weird on the Hustler.

scag pro-v.jpg But then again, this Scag mower has odd handles, also!

Nevets

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the input. I believe I am leaning toward the Scag because the dealership and shop for any work on it it is much closer. I am curious if any of y'all try to keep matching equipment in order to have a more professional look. Since we already have the one hustler I feel like another hustler would look better on the trailer with it than the Scag. Should this even be a factor?

Threads
Thanks for the input. I believe I am leaning toward the Scag because the dealership and shop for any work on it it is much closer. I am curious if any of y'all try to keep matching equipment in order to have a more professional look. Since we already have the one hustler I feel like another hustler would look better on the trailer with it than the Scag. Should this even be a factor?

Yes it would look better, but I don't think a customer is not going to choose your business because you have different brands of mowers! Go with the one you prefer, which seems like it is the Scag.

slammed

Threads

I don't think it would matter as long as you give them a good quality cut.

Bowhog1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi NEVETS....you can't go wrong with scag. Check with your dealer...heard they will drop the bicycle bars and offer the style like come on the stand-on for 2013