L130 wiring diagram?

hiway

Threads
First post on what appears to be a great forum!
Anyway, I have an L130 that I've had for approx 7 years....and what a sad machine it is.
The latest issue is the clutch for the deck has quit (only 3yr old). It seems to have lost power.
I can't get any voltage to it....fuse good, solinoid appears fine (i can feel it activate when enganging
switch), wiring appears ok. Seat and reverse button both kill motor as they should. Battery good (new this spring). The solinoid does feel like it is "chattering" when mower switch is pulled...but still
no voltage to "pto" clutch for deck. Ideas....thoughts....other safety stuff to look at...diagrams?
I quit while mowing....

Side question....i assume these lower price Deeres were partially made by MTD or someone like that?

hiway

Threads
That's a good start...thank you very much sir! I will surely post findings....it's a pet peeve of mine to read thru threads only to find no replys with the original poster's answer on how it got fixed

hiway

Threads
anyone got any thoughts around the clutch for the deck not getting power?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Find a DMM with continuity beeper work your way from the clutch, when you don't have a beep (no path) check it out. but take a lead off the battery before you start..!

jddoc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Remove the wire harness plug from the seat switch, look at the end of the plug. You will see in the center of the plug a a square looking "PLUG" for lack of a proper name. Be sure this plug is pushed into the plug and somewhat flush with its end. These do get moved out somewhat and causes the issue you are having.

PJ

Threads
First post on what appears to be a great forum!
Anyway, I have an L130 that I've had for approx 7 years....and what a sad machine it is.
The latest issue is the clutch for the deck has quit (only 3yr old). It seems to have lost power.
I can't get any voltage to it....fuse good, solinoid appears fine (i can feel it activate when enganging
switch), wiring appears ok. Seat and reverse button both kill motor as they should. Battery good (new this spring). The solinoid does feel like it is "chattering" when mower switch is pulled...but still
no voltage to "pto" clutch for deck. Ideas....thoughts....other safety stuff to look at...diagrams?
I quit while mowing....

Side question....i assume these lower price Deeres were partially made by MTD or someone like that?

The soleniod or coil as they call it should have a precribed resistance. If the resistance is not correct it will keep on causing problems. I do not have the value but it could be calculated with ( volt=amps*resistance)
Regards
PJ

hiway

Threads
I haven't had a chance to go over some of the suggestions yet but intend to one evening this week. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Side note...I've had the seat switch unplugged and motor dies so I assume all is well there and the prongs did appear in place correctly

Side note 2....i did ohm the clutch and if I recall i had the "beep" between the two terminals and also from each to ground. Will make leads to a 12v source and see if I get it to activate next.

Carl T

Threads
The specs are 2.4 - 2.7 ohms across the terminals.