L130 wiring diagram?

hiway

Threads
neither terminal to ground.....correct?

Carl T

Threads
terminal to terminal . If you are not getting power it has to be one of the safety switches or the main switch. The wire connectors are good? the ground to the engine is in place, from the clutch?

Attachments

• DSC00909.JPG
    DSC00909.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC00920.JPG
    DSC00920.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 25

hiway

Threads
Well it seems I have multi issues.....the main one appears to be the switch no worky. Switch on order. I still think there is issues with the clutch (which may have lead to switch failure). It hardly engages when applying 12v to it....and either terminal to ground reads 1-2 ohms (same as between the two terminals)

Carl T

Threads
1-2 ohms between terminals should be allright. Did you check the voltage at the clutch wiring harness plug? remember you need someone on the seat even if the engine is not running to get voltage to the clutch. t Next try a jumper wire from the + side of the battery to one terminal and ground the other clutch terminals, careful to not let them touch see if the clutch kicks in. Also check your ground wire ohms at the plug make sure it has not broken inside the wire covering.

I had a older machine that was not charging, the owner changed out the voltage regulator, generator, and battery he was starting to change switches but gave up. It took a little time with a meter but I found one of the wires were cracked at the voltage regulator. It looked fine but no continuity I pulled it and the wire covering was the only thing holding it to the terminal end. I replaced the terminal and worked fine.

hiway

Threads
With neither terminals on the clutch plugged in......am I correct in assuming that neither should read to ground?

Carl T

Threads
Clutch not plugged in, measure ohms across two clutch terminals not plug.

If you testwiring plug one will be hot with switch on and operator in seat and key on. The other is a ground, my pics show where it connects near engine. There is a junction block that goes through the frame connects to clutch and I forget what else, reverse switch maybe.

With neither terminals on the clutch plugged in......am I correct in assuming that neither should read to ground?

hiway

Threads
Gotcha......1 ohm across terminals of clutch. But I get 1 ohm when reading from either terminal to say the frame. This seams like a shorted clutch to me :mad:

hiway

Threads
Well....installed new switch and hooked it all up anyway. Mowed for about 20min and started smelling electrical something. Figured screw it....if it's burnt up then it'll be easier to find. Got fuse eventually...clutch a smokin :laughing: Guessing it got the weak switch before the 30amp fuse last time. A new clutch soon shall cometh (second it 9 seasons)

Carl T

Threads
Well at least the problem is found. Shouldn't the fuse be a 20 amp? I am guessing you run a bagger,many on/off cycles. Mine went at 6 years only bagging leaves and spring cleanup.