Blowing Fuses

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
OK -- things coming from a keyboard sometimes "sound" worse than they were intended.

I've been in VA for nearly 40 years and still can't get used to "yall" being used for only 1 or 2 people when it should be for 3 or more. :biggrin:

I had never heard "in situ" used in that fashion either. I believed it was generally used more in terms of archeology.

wcpost

Threads
No idea what you mean by situ.? Frist of all I am thinking by saying alternator we are talking about the stator? I may very well be wrong and it would,t be the first time. But as I see it by not pulling the flywheel all you will know is that you have a short circuit under the flywheel. Yes it could be that the wires are burned around the coils on the stator but who knows without looking?? Also the flywheel has to come off for the repairs anyways if you have a bad stator.

I have done this on Briggs & Strattons, just never on a Koler. Will try when it stops raining.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I did look up the word situ in my new world Websters dictionary and it isn't in there. I then looked on the web and it said it was a latin word. As far as I though that would be the last of it. But as I seen it wasn't. Never heard the word before and after this I don't ever plan on using it. Its not a word used in North eastern America as far as I know but what do I know because most people I know only have a HS education.. But I sure learned a new word.