IS MINE GOOD OR ARE THE OTHERS BAD??

Threads
Every time I use my Honda HRX I think about how good and reliable this mower has been. After using it commercially every single day it has had no problems. The biggest thing was that something needed oil. Big whoop!! I am so happy with this mower. Another reason I like it so much is because it is SOOOO much better than my other mowers that I was thinking about getting earlier this year. First I got the Billy Goat, and that was bad. The cut was HORRIBLE, it left grass clumps everywhere that wouldn't disappear, and things kept on breaking. One of the many bolts holding the handle on kept on coming off! In summary, I hated it. Then I demo-ed the Exmark Metro 26. It was OK, but the person before me did something to it, so it was almost impossible to push when off and it wanted to turn left because that wheel would go slower than the right one (even with the self-propel on!) So they fixed that and they let me demo it again. It was better, but the cut wasn't anything special and it didn't save much time. Also, it was too heavy, and pretty expensive. Back in the spring, I had to go over parts of some lawns twice because the grass was too long (people only wanted me to mow it every 7 days!). Now having the HRX, I would no longer have to go over things twice, which is a bigger time-saver than getting a 26 in. mower.
In conclusion, I tried to get a wider-width-of-cut mower, but ended up settling with a 21. in. Honda HRX, but I am glad I did...it is the best mower ever. Do I think this because it is just purely good, or because my experience with other mowers was so bad?? BOTH! :laughing:
mower.jpg exmark 26.jpg HRX.jpg

Last edited:

panabiker

Threads
I don't have Honda stuff but according to my neighbor's landscaper, even some Honda's consumer grade mowers are good enough for commercial use. You can't do that with any Homedepot MTD mowers.

possum

Threads
I think what slows some down on Honda is the lack of support. My nearest decent place to service Honda is 50 miles. They are not open on weekends.

Threads
I don't have Honda stuff but according to my neighbor's landscaper, even some Honda's consumer grade mowers are good enough for commercial use. You can't do that with any Homedepot MTD mowers.

There are 4 types of Honda mowers: they are Side Discharge (HRS series), Residential (HRR series), Premium Residential (HRX series) (This is the one I love), and Commercial (HRC series). The HRX and HRC series are both great for commercial use. I see tons of lawn care companies around here with HRX's. http://powerequipment.honda.com/lawn-mowers

Threads
I think what slows some down on Honda is the lack of support. My nearest decent place to service Honda is 50 miles. They are not open on weekends.

The closest one to me is 3 miles! :laughing: But I usually go to one 8 miles away.