Success in freeing up a seized blade bolt

maguire

Forum Newbie
Threads
The wide and varied discussion on the Forum provided me with all of the information and leads that I needed to free up one seized blade bolt on my Sears Craftsman Limited Edition YS4500 Lawn Tractor (22 HP OHV INTEK B&S engine). A lot of good tips from all of you and some not so good and I think that I tried them all. Fortunately I did not persist when hammering the crescent wrench appeared to change the angle of the bolt and the WD40 was totally ineffective. Also my 12V impact wrench probably ruined my old regular .625 inch socket, so, armed with copious notes from your experiences, I went shopping.

With a new impact socket and an overnight dowsing of the blade bolt (mower upside down on workhorses) with Releaseall, similar to PB Blaster apparently, the bolt moved easily. First I rotated the wrench clockwise (two impacts) as if to tighten and then counterclockwise (two impacts) and back and forth. Before long the bolt was coming out and nothing had been twisted. The star nut that holds the blade securely was worn considerably compared to the other blade`s one and I can see that I will eventually have to replace that nut or part of the mandrel assembly.

Nevertheless I had success thanks to your experiences and suggestions. Use the Internet, ask any question you want, and you get a wealth of assistance. All the best to you all.

Ron (from Ontario, Canada):smile:

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Very happy that you got it off, well done...:thumbsup: