30W oil

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm older than you because I still have several of the chrome metal spouts for those that were used to pierce and funnel the oil from those cans. :laughing:

The older those containers got the more they leaked and would colapse when you tried to run the spout through the top. That explained the blue paper towels at every gas pump next to the squegee.

Attachments

• IMG_0842.jpg
    IMG_0842.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 1

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you are "really" wanting 30W to put into an engine... Tractor Supply has it in 2 gallon containers and 5 Gallon pails ... It and 20W detergant motor oil is often used in hydrostat and hydraulic systems...
:smile:KennyV

oso

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi, can i use HD-30 oil Quaker State normaly use in cars? i always use Arnold SAE30 in my Lawnmower, but is more expensive than Quaker.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
[
Now I have been using 30W non detergent in hydrostatic systems??? never had a problem with it. In engines I use the SAE 30 oil if it isn't synthetic, In my hydro transmission system I use 10W30.

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
I too have one of the old fashioned oil spouts. I'm also old enough that it was how you opened cans of oil when I started working on cars; a couple of years before I started driving.

hitmanharleyk

Threads
Here's the best oil on the market IMO. I run it in everything including my truck, which I change at 22,000 mile intervals and have since it went out of warranty at 36,000. It now has 146,000 miles on it without a single problem. Every time I change the oil in my truck it comes out lighter than the time before as the sludge build-up has been reduced. This oil looks better after 22,000 miles than regular oil does after 3500.

I currently run it in My Dodge ram, my wife's Dodge Durango, Husqvarna IZ4818, Murry Lawn Tractor and a pressure washer. I do change the Wix filter and add a quart half way thru around 11,000 miles on the car and truck.

http://www.1st-in-synthetics.com/articles/amsoil_honda_lawnmower_survives_without_oil.htm

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can not beat a good synthetic oil... :smile:KennyV

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Im going to throw a spanner in the works.
Briggs recommends that a good quality engine oil with the right api rating should be used.
Honda recommend a good "multigrade" oil be used like 10/30 or 10/40 with the right api rating.
What I was told on a honda training course was that if you use SAE30 oil, it can cause the camshaft belts to slip off the pulleys on the GC range of engines.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think all the engine manufacturers are finally coming around to the good sense of multi weight... and many , even Briggs & Stratton are now seeing the advantage in synthetic... some just take a while longer to get through the 1900's ... :smile:KennyV