30W oil

briggs

Threads
Thanks Briggs...I do get the Mobil 5-30w in 5 quart jugs for our 3 vehicles from Wally World, will check there next time. Meijers does not sell conventional Mobil oil, only synthetic.

no prob i get mine in the 4 liter jug ...For about 12 bucks ....

briggs

Threads
Know what your saying... back in the early 60's I also ran 30W in everything...

Have been around aviation and racing for several decades now.. and the difference in multi vis versus straight weight is well worth looking into, especially in cold climates.:thumbsup:

Synthetic is great in extreme cold or hot....:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I switched everything I had to synthetic in the late 70's ... and then to diesel rated synthetic in the late 90's ...
:smile:KennyV

thank you for the info i will check it out for sure ...Now all i have to do is talk the old boy into it lol ..Hard to teach him the new ways

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
RobertBrown;6995 Don't think I've seen 5w-40 synthetic anywhere convienent. where do you get it?[/QUOTE said:
RobertBrown & briggs...
Rotella T6 only available in 5W40 now made from Group IV synthetic base stocks..

WalMart it's in a bright royal blue one gallon container... best price I have found is $19 USD ...
Tractor supply also carries it a bit higher...
I switched to it, after a lot of evaluating, when Delcac1 went over $30 a gallon.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
RobertBrown & briggs...
Rotella T6 only available in 5W40 now made from Group IV synthetic base stocks..

WalMart it's in a bright royal blue one gallon container... best price I have found is $19 USD ...
Tractor supply also carries it a bit higher...
I switched to it, after a lot of evaluating, when Delcac1 went over $30 a gallon.

What ever happened to Havoline?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
What ever happened to Havoline?

they were part of Texaco brand...
I liked the old Red bullseye on the cans, they made perfect targets....
I have not used Havoline since the 60's, in a round metal can that you speared with a pour spout...

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
they were part of Texaco brand...
I liked the old Red bullseye on the cans, they made perfect targets....
I have not used Havoline since the 60's, in a round metal can that you speared with a pour spout...

I'm old enough to remember when oil cans were made of paper with metal tops and bottoms.:ashamed:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm old enough to remember when oil cans were made of paper with metal tops and bottoms.:ashamed:

I'm older than you because I still have several of the chrome metal spouts for those that were used to pierce and funnel the oil from those cans. :laughing:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I still have several of the chrome metal spouts for those that were used to pierce and funnel the oil from those cans. :laughing:

So do I ... I remember that some of mine were painted, not chromed, what an improvement from the church key openers. Have to dig around some day to find them... they are most likely stashed away next to the buggy whips... :biggrin:

rmancini

Threads
Wow! You guys just sent me on a walk down memory lane!
I remember well the times you are talking about - I still had hair!!:laughing:
Rich

Manny

Threads
I hadn't looked for it in a while, but since you mentioned it, I looked for it while at Walmart, and I didn't see it, either! Is it maybe because it sells through quicker in the summer months? I will have to check again now that it has gotten cooler...

Attachments

• IMG_2649.jpg
    IMG_2649.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2806.jpg
    IMG_2806.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2807.jpg
    IMG_2807.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2809.jpg
    IMG_2809.jpg