CMM1000 Charging Light Issues

jkent

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just found this forum and am glad. I have a CMM1000 Type 5. It sat idle for a couple years and the battery bit the dust, or so I thought. I could not get it to charge in the red cycle, plugged in and went straight to green and never took a charge. Bought new batteries hoping that would fix it. No such luck. Still no red cycle charging.

Then I had a friend give me an older CMM1000. It too had sat idle for an unknown time frame. It charges red cycle, but no green...I swaped the boards from the "new" old one to my original with the new batteries and still only get the red cycle charge. I don't think there are any replacement parts available for this thing.

Any thoughts?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
That uses (2) BP17-12 lead acid batteries in series for a total of 24 volts... Nothing special about them, you can try charging them individually with a 12 volt battery charger... you can also take them into your favorite auto parts store and let them test each battery...
You can buy those 12 volt 17 AH you can find them for around $40 each...
The chargers are very common as those batteries are used in a lot of devices from mobility scooters, Power Wheelchair to emergency back up lighting and UPS systems... You should have no trouble finding a charger if that's what your needing....
:smile:KennyV

jkent

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Kenny. I got the new batteries, and they charge now, with the different electronics board. But now there is no trickle charge/green light cycle charging, or at least no green light comes on after the regular charge finishes. Makes me wonder if the batteries will be properly maintained over the winter.