Oregon Gator blades VS Arnold Extreme blades

bbrown

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was looking at blades for my mower and recognised the 'Gator' blade. It is advertised as a 3-n-1 blade. I looked at the Arnold brand Extreme blade and it looked similar to the Oregon Gator blade. The biggest difference was the angle of the twists on the back side of the blade.....they are in opposite directions. If you imagine the twist as an airfoil, one would direct air to the center and the other to the outside.

Any thoughts on which would be a better all-around blade? I use the bagger most of the summer and then will use it this fall for leaves.

Toro LX425 42"

Threads
I was looking at blades for my mower and recognised the 'Gator' blade. It is advertised as a 3-n-1 blade. I looked at the Arnold brand Extreme blade and it looked similar to the Oregon Gator blade. The biggest difference was the angle of the twists on the back side of the blade.....they are in opposite directions. If you imagine the twist as an airfoil, one would direct air to the center and the other to the outside.

Any thoughts on which would be a better all-around blade? I use the bagger most of the summer and then will use it this fall for leaves.

Toro LX425 42"

I would think the one that directs air to the outside would be better so it would get recirculated and cut finer and finer.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Gator blades are the best if your going to mulch.

If you try and bag with them your not going to like them.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Threads
Gator blades are the best if your going to mulch.

If you try and bag with them your not going to like them.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

I agree with Carscw, if you want to mulch, go with the Gator Blades. Since you bag most of the time, maybe the other ones are a better fit.

slammed

Threads
They both look the same. So I would say buy a set of them both and try um out. Then let us know your findings. The blades could work different for different mowers and people:2cents: I have used the gater blades before and they worked really well I also have used the high lift blades and they work good to.