Hrr216 not bagging grass

Jwb

Threads
I have a4 year old Honda hrr216 that I bought at home depot 4 years ago. I recently started doing lawn and garden work. The mower is not putting any grass into the bag. It all goes out the front near the wheels or just stays on the ground. I changed blades and the chute is not plugged that I can see. If the grass is more than a few inches deep I can't even take half a deck without it stalling. Then once it is all cut I have to go over it two or three more times to pick up most the grass. Even after that it won't pick it all up. Anybody have any ideas why this may be happening?

Threads
I have a4 year old Honda hrr216 that I bought at home depot 4 years ago. I recently started doing lawn and garden work. The mower is not putting any grass into the bag. It all goes out the front near the wheels or just stays on the ground. I changed blades and the chute is not plugged that I can see. If the grass is more than a few inches deep I can't even take half a deck without it stalling. Then once it is all cut I have to go over it two or three more times to pick up most the grass. Even after that it won't pick it all up. Anybody have any ideas why this may be happening?

I would say the mower might not be running at a high enough RPM to collect the grass, OR the chute IS blocked.

Jwb

Threads
I was thinking the belt that turns the blade may be slipping a bit. Motor is running great.