Cub 2130 will not start.

lorinedog2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Cub 2130, it is a 1999 model, it started and ran until I knocked off the interlock clutch swith, going up my shop concrete pad. I replaced the switch but the check oil light on the dash does not come on when trying to start it, (nothing dead), I checked the battery voltage at the battery and the starter and it is over 12v, I cleaned the PTO switch contacts and the ignition contacts, still nothing, the interlock for the seat has been disconnected and taped up, (it ran when I got it that way). Serial # 138-212F100 M/C C109G30033 is on the side plate. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Test the lamp to see if its alright by putting a meter on it, test the oil pressure switch to see if that is working.

lorinedog2

Forum Newbie
Threads
The lamp had been working, and the oil pressure light comes on at each start. The starter will not engage.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
You say it was working..! have a look at it to make sure,
Orange wire from key switch go's to PTO switch connection 2 to 1 orange wire into interlock switch out to solenoid, so check that path.
You should have battery volts at (B) key switch on (S) key switch when in start, out on (1) on PTO switch (orange wire) on orange wire out of interlock switch, and on the small wire at the solenoid, so check them all.
The above is the start path, and also make sure you have a good earth on the start solenoid.

lorinedog2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the input EngineMan, I will let you know, how it comes out.