ELIMINATION OF THE FUEL FLOW SOLENOID

JERSEYJOE

Forum Newbie
Threads
I want to eliminate the fuel flow solenoid on my Kehin carburetor. Does anyone know the exact thread size or part number for a plug for this item?

scott47429

Threads
why would you want to do away with it you cant just put a plug in it or it wont run you would have to replace it with the hollow bolt that is in the carbs that don't have the fuel solenoid because that is what lets the fuel into the carb to go to the engine in other words it is the main jet of the carb

JERSEYJOE

Forum Newbie
Threads
Because i am tired of trying to figure out what causes the intermittant loos of voltage at the solenoid that stops the mower. I do not need all the safety switchs that this has. I was under the impression that I could just plug it. I guess I need to remove the solenoid and figure how to kee the plunger open or run a 12 line to it directly. Nice mower but too many stupid safety switches.

scott47429

Threads
yes you could hot wire it to a hot when running position on the ignition switch

panabiker

Threads
If you do that, the hot exhaust will sometimes make a loud bang when you turn off the engine.

enigma-2

Threads
Have you checked the solenoid ground wire connection to make certain it's tight? Current solenoids have two wires, gray to ignition switch and black to ground.
Any possibility that the ignition switch is what's intermittent?

jbumgarner

Forum Newbie
Threads
Last year I had the same problem with my craftsman, and I pulled the solenoid and snipped the plunger off and screwed it back in. I then put a cheap fuel shut off valve in before the carb. When I'm ready to shut the mower down, I turn the key and reach down and shut the valve. A little more trouble, but no more problems.