WHAT TIME OF DAY IS APPROPRIATE TO START MOWING?

Threads
When is the earliest you should start mowing on the weekdays? How about Saturdays? And Sundays?
Over the summer I started on weekdays at 7:30a.m. On Saturdays I start at 9:30-10:00 and on Sundays, I try to do it after lunch.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
When is the earliest you should start mowing on the weekdays? How about Saturdays? And Sundays?
Over the summer I started on weekdays at 7:30a.m. On Saturdays I start at 9:30-10:00 and on Sundays, I try to do it after lunch.

I start on weekdays Monday thru Saturday at 7:30a.m. On Sunday I don't mow. I leave people alone unless it's a request.

Threads
WOW! You start at 7:30 on a Saturday? Around here you would be hated if you did that!

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
:
WOW! You start at 7:30 on a Saturday? Around here you would be hated if you did that!

What time is appropriate to some is not to others. For example a lot of people do not work on the Sabbeth day at all. :shocked:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I find that if I arrive at my first Job at 8 it is late enough even the people who sleep in cant complain to much. As for weekends... I am to good for weekends

Threads
I start at 7:30 in the summer because I want to get a lot done before it gets too hot.......most people in my neighborhood work, so they are up and out, and the people who sleep in....well...hopefully they are sound sleepers! :laughing:

CZLawnCare

Threads
You really gotta stop thinking youre better then everyone on the forum, youre not to good for weekends, if you had enough work believe me you'd work weekends

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I start as soon as the dew is off the grass.

I have never understood why some want to start as soon as the sun comes up then be done before 2.
I wait for the dew to be gone cutting wet grass leaves brown tips.
And I work till dark and never on a Sunday that's just asking for trouble

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
You really gotta stop thinking youre better then everyone on the forum, youre not to good for weekends, if you had enough work believe me you'd work weekends

In no way do I think I am any better than any of you. My plans for my business is to fill up 4 8 hour days mon - thurs with mows and fri with other landscape maintence jobs 8 hrs I do not want my company to get any bigger.

I do not think I am better than any of you... really :/ im just a 23 year old who kinda knows what he is doing.