poulan pro wiring

mustang50

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, im new to the forum and would appreciate any help i can get.. the lady that raised me lost her battle with cancer a fews week back and left me a `25h 48 inch cut poulan pro its like brand new and would hate to see it set and rust. my problem is i have the a1 wire on the ignition coming out to a plug with another red wire going back to the pto, then i have one red wire coming off of the solonoid not hooked up and one red wire coming from the amp meter not hooked up going by the schematic the red solonoid wire and ampmeter wired go together with a fuse in between? and i dont understand where the other two go. if any one can help it would be appreciated.
thank you

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you post up the schematic it will help. but in the mean time.....
Red wire from solenoid should be the main feed (battery+) that should go to circuit breaker ie (fuse) from there into amp-meter then onto ignition switch (B) if you have a electric PTO clutch you should also have a switch of it, power go's to that and out again to clutch, there should be no power (battery+) going to the safety switch(s) they are there to kill the ignition coil.
If you can post up the schematic, it will help us on here to help you, we can see what you are seeing...!

Last edited:

mustang50

Forum Newbie
Threads
heres the manual thank you for helping me. i just put the solonoid red wire to a fuse and to the ampmeter it started as long as i sprayed gas in it i checked the fuel shut off solenoid and the little deal in there was moving up and down like it was supposed to so now im reaally lost. you will see on the schamatics on the ignition switch a1 has a red wire coming out. right where it shows the red wire going to the pto is a plug and thats where i dont know what plugs in to it.

Attachments

• poulan pro mower.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 10

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
heres the manual thank you for helping me. i just put the solonoid red wire to a fuse and to the ampmeter it started as long as i sprayed gas in it i checked the fuel shut off solenoid and the little deal in there was moving up and down like it was supposed to so now im reaally lost. you will see on the schamatics on the ignition switch a1 has a red wire coming out. right where it shows the red wire going to the pto is a plug and thats where i dont know what plugs in to it.

I would try and get the engine to run first, then you will know what is not working, if the engine runs but only with you spraying gas into it, you have a fuel problem so work on that, have you given the carb a good clean out if not do that and try again to see if the engine will run.

off the schematic you have five wire's coming off the A1 wire on (ignition switch) .......
1 Red go's to clutch switch
2 Green go's to seat switch
3 Blue go's to hour meter
4 to fuel shut off solenoid
5 Red go's to regulator

check to see if all are connected, do one at a time and take your time in doing so, then come back.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
right where it shows the red wire going to the pto is a plug and thats where i dont know what plugs in to it.

How many wires are there coming from or going to that plug....? (look on page 32 and tell me which one you think it is)