B&S Hard Starting

Ariena

Threads
chance123 said:
I think he meant to say "Craftsman dealer"?
After re reading I guess I missed the part that said "No throttle control", so I guess you have at least a prime bulb? When you said "brand new", I am guessing you were referring to the filters and not the machine, or was it both.

No primer bulb.
This is the Eco Series machine.

Ariena

Threads
As requested.

123ddf16006c37f913904da56748088b.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I feel that your hard starting problem is caused by one of two things. One, the main jet is clogged. It is part of the float bowl bolt on the bottom of the carb. Remove the bolt and clean both vertically and horizontally. Reinstall. If this does not do the job, then you will have to go to solution number two. That would be to adjust the auto choke mechanism. I don't know how to post the porcedure to do that and I hope that someone else here can do that for you. It is to lengthy to type it out with out the appropriate illustrations. If no one comes along to do it I will see if I can get a friend to help out.

Ariena

Threads
Thanks Rivets. I'm not sure I would buy another of these "No manual control machines".

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are we talking about "One-Start Carburetor" because post 1 tells me that the choke isn't working..!
best thing to do is to take off the fan cover and air filter cover and post up some photo's of the carb and around the carb showing all the links that way am sure we can work something out.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
read the reviews...!

www.briggsandstratton.com/engines/push-mower/detail/?series=Professional-Series%26%238482%3B-775&id={1A5A2155-C7F8-4B30-A0EE-33C7176D60A7}#BVRRWidgetID

Response from Briggs & Stratton
Nicole, Answer CenterMarch 28, 2012
Our Ready Start system means that the engine should start with minimal effort and little to no adjustments. Since there is no choke or primer on this engine, a thermostat regulates the fuel flow during start-up. Due to this fact, when a problem such as yours occurs, the unit should be looked at by an authorized service dealer who can be located via: http://bit.ly/o9JLPZ

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ariens, EngineMan has helped me out in find the procedure for checking the Auto choke system I was talking about. I hope this helps you. Thanks EngineMan.

chance123

Threads
Not to trouble you for another photo, but I asked for a photo of the other side (which you provided) but I failed to ask that you remove the air filter & cover so we might see if indeed there "is" a choke.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is a choke butterfly on this unit. Is it set properly is the concern right now.