Husqvarn tiller / 9.00 intek Briggs and Stratton engine spewing oil from carb /exh

Gary 34

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Husqvarn tiller / 9.00 intek Briggs and Stratton engine spewing oil from carb /exh
My father in laws husqvarna tiller recently started pumping oil out the carb and the exhaus/white smoke like crazy however runs fine. Any ideas any help wohld greatly be appreciated and i will respond as soon as possible to any responses i recieve on this, crazy work schedule, thanks in advance. :mad:

jedsam21

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Husqvarn tiller / 9.00 intek Briggs and Stratton engine spewing oil from carb /exh
Did he by misstake over fill with oil? If theBriggs is and older one,then maybe time for a rebuil.
Oil in carb says the pistion rings are bad(oil in gas) Oil in muffler says bad valve seats. Need more info.on age and hours on the Briggs,but I frist check the oil level.
Jed

Gary 34

Forum Newbie
Threads
According to him, no has never over filled it, says he goes by the full mark on the dipstick, as far as age im unsure however it looks fairly new and he says he had bought the engine a few years ago new / replaced old one with new of same type had repair shop order motor n install it. Ive heard something about a reed valve that could need to be cleaned that works in conjunction with the crankcase pressure and if gets stuck this could possibly happen, however unsure of location of such valve. Ive also heard the same as you asked amongst a few other things. Just trying to get as many possible solutions as i can.

chance123

Threads
A dirty air filter would give the same problem. with a dirty air filter, the air is restricted and as the engine hungers for air, it will "attempt" to get it through the next path of least resistance which would be your crank case breather. the next path of least resistance is around the throttle shaft and causes excessive throttle shaft wear.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Smell the oil on the dipstick, does it smell like gas and is it over the full mark? If it is the solution is to change the oil and rebuild the carb.

Gary 34

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks to all who have responded, i dont recall the oil smelling of gas on dipstick buf will recheck and as far az oil level no is not over full in fact keeps pumping from crankcase and ,therefore have to fill back up to keep from emptying out.