Bobcat ZTR

MJlawncare

Threads
Does anyone have any experience with bobcat zero turn mowers ? I'm wondering about the quality because I'm considering one for my business. Thanks

Threads
I don't have any experience with one, but from all the other things people have said about them, they seem good. I would get one!

fry

Threads
I'm bumping this......maybe for recent responses. :)
Okay, I'm thinking about a Kubota, and a Gravely, Toro....then I read something about BobCat.
Anyone have one?
What interests me is that someone make a comment or two about the Donaldson Filter / Air Cleaner....and I have to admit that got my attention.
If anyone has anything to add about a BOBCAT ZTR - please post.
Trying to gather lots of information before this and next weekend when we check out some mowers - i want to decide by the end of May.
Thanks to this forum I've learned so much - think for a girl I even impressed my neighbor talking mowers! :)...thanks to all of you!!!

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm bumping this......maybe for recent responses. :)
Okay, I'm thinking about a Kubota, and a Gravely, Toro....then I read something about BobCat.
Anyone have one?
What interests me is that someone make a comment or two about the Donaldson Filter / Air Cleaner....and I have to admit that got my attention.
If anyone has anything to add about a BOBCAT ZTR - please post.
Trying to gather lots of information before this and next weekend when we check out some mowers - i want to decide by the end of May.
Thanks to this forum I've learned so much - think for a girl I even impressed my neighbor talking mowers! :)...thanks to all of you!!!

Fry,
I've never compared or priced the Bobcat ZTR's but I've not heard any bad reviews about them(there was a user on these forums that bought one and seemed very pleased). Maybe they will chime in if they are still active on the forums. BTW, I changed my oil and cleaned up the Gravely this past weekend and I noticed that the Kawasaki FX691's air filter system had "Donaldson" stamped on it. Must be a high quality product for Kawasaki to use it on their Commercial series engines!!!!

P.S.
That user may have been on the sister Tractorbynet forum.....I've been looking, but all I can find is a comment that a Bobcat as described below was on his short list:
Bobcat FastCat Pro 61", Kaw FX 24hp, ZT-3400 trans, $6299

That sounds like a Commercial ZTR and it seems(best I can tell) that Bobcat makes at least two Residential ZTR models(CRZ & Fastrak RZ). Both seem to have the ZT-2800 trannies and I don't see any pricing on the website first look. Link below:

http://www.bobcatturf.com/mowers/zero-turn-riding/fastcat-rz

Last edited:

fry

Threads
Thank you again DjDicetn. :)
You are so good!!...those are the two exact models that I had circled in the brochure!
I have the FastCat RZ with a KAW FR651V mower - 52 inch. I found prices somewhere on the web at $6,075, but on sale for $5,499. Limited 3-yr. / 300 hour warranty.
Bob-Cat CRZ 52" with a KAW FR651V mower. $ 5,090, but on sale for $ 4,699. Limited 3-yr. / 300 hour warranty.
Bob-Cat CRZ 48" with a KAW FR600V mower. $4,868, but on sale for $4,500. 699 Limited 3-yr. / 300 hour warranty.
**Somewhere I thought I saw where it states for the CRZ a 90 day commercial warranty - but don't see it in the brochure, so maybe it was on the website where I got the prices - some business i don't know where off hand. :) I learned ( i think) that anytime it has a commercial warranty - that is a good thing. :)
I've contacted the dealer I will be going to and she is getting the information for me.
I can't find the posts at the moment about the Donaldson products, but I know I have them somewhere.

That is pretty impressive that the FX series KAWASAKI engines are using Donaldson products....thank you for the imput.
Have a wonderful weekend,
fry

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I see a few guys in our area that run them. Normally though when they replace mowers they buy Kubota's after they try the others. Kubota's are higher but you can normally finance one for 0 down and 0 interest. When you get a Kubota's commercial mower you have something that will last. They will take a licking and keep on ticking.

fry

Threads
.......but I don't think the Kubota Kommander series is considered a commercial mower........should I be worried?
I'm hoping both Kubota's residential and commercial mowers have the same durablity.....if I decide to go with Kubota.

RatRacer

Threads
.......but I don't think the Kubota Kommander series is considered a commercial mower........should I be worried?
I'm hoping both Kubota's residential and commercial mowers have the same durablity.....if I decide to go with Kubota.

I wouldn't worry much on Kubota's build quality, as they and all the other popular big name players for this market are aware that folks are educating themselves before their purchase to be building garbage.

You should start your own thread, instead burying your questions in others threads. List your current contenders, wish list and a picture of that dang MW rider to satisfy my curiosity.:laughing:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

Fry,
Please understand that(including my advice to you thus far) there is considerable controversy regarding "exactly" what is/what is not a "Commercial ZTR". As I see it on the Bobcat ZTR's you mentioned specifics for a clear indication of whether they are "Residential" or Commercial" grade is the Kawasaki engines in them(I still believe what the Kawasaki website says...FR=Residential, FS=Heavy Duty & FX=Commercial). Those ratings indicate durability and expected hours of the engine's "lifetime". To me, as far as advice on the Bobcat, those prices are pretty steep for getting a Kawa FR series engine, much less the deck gauges, trannies and other components. If you are interested in the "debate" about what constitutes a "Commercial ZTR" please read the thread below:

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/scag-forum/15203-freedom-z-commercial-mower-2.html#post106268

P.S.
To quote user RatRacer's take on the "Commercial ZTR debate" see the attached picture:0)

Attachments

• open-a-can-of-worms.jpg
    open-a-can-of-worms.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 11