Bobcat ZTR

fry

Threads
I wouldn't worry much on Kubota's build quality, as they and all the other popular big name players for this market are aware that folks are educating themselves before their purchase to be building garbage.

You should start your own thread, instead burying your questions in others threads. List your current contenders, wish list and a picture of that dang MW rider to satisfy my curiosity.:laughing:

Here's a couple pictures :smile:

Attachments

• DSC00088.jpg
    DSC00088.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00089.jpg
    DSC00089.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 34

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Alrighty. That one has surely paid for itself several times over.:thumbsup:

Fry,

As eluded to by user RatRacer, you wondered how long your new ZTR will last.......take care of it just like you did that MW lawn tractor and the ZTR will most likely last 3 times longer than the MW did:0)

fry

Threads
I admit I was very embarrassed to post the pictures - but I did.......I hate to say it, but didn't take care of it like we should have. Think it sat outside at someone's house for a while before we got it - it looked rough when we got it....and I'm sorry to say, we never took the best care of it. Yet, this new machine we are going to get, will get the best place in the garage and be tucked in every night.:smile:

This is decision week - WOW - I have learned ALOT from you all - Thank you!....and thank you for all being so kind. It seems for the amount of money that we are going to spend that they basically are all good machines. It will decide on personal preferences. We are going to go talk to three dealers again.....Ferris, Gravely and Kubota this coming week. Thank you all for posting prices, which helps very much.....and what we should look for and not look for....and the giggles. :laughing:

Without a doubt, the 0% financing helps a lot.....without it, I don't think that we would go $5,000 budget. I plan to put some down and finance about $3,000 - making my payments around $63 for 48 months and $84 a month for 36 months.....if we go with a Kubota. It's been almost a year since I quit smoking....can't believe i was spending around $75 or more a month for smoking!....yet, i'm "concerned" about spending that much for a WONDERFUL machine which will both cut the grass and be therapy.....love being outside and cutting grass - with my push mower I always feel like PACMAN! Us silly people. .....thank you for letting me think out loud!

RatRacer

Threads
I'm glad we could help with narrowing down the decision process.
Congrats on quitting. Did you quit cold turkey, or with the aid of pill, patch, or e-cig? I quit 4 years ago, after 30yrs, with the help of an e-cig. I still use it to quell the hand to mouth thing when enjoying an evening beverage(s).:rolleyes:

Tracker II

Threads
I know you didn't ask me the question, but I'll butt in anyways and say that I've been on ecigs for 2 1/2 years. The money I'm saving will pay for my ZT and the after mowing beer to boot.

Get a good one Fry!

fry

Threads
Hopefully, by Tuesday I will know what I traded my Marlboro Light 100s for! :)
I used Chantix for about 3 weeks - the doctor wanted me to be on it for 6 months! - I had terrible headaches with the Chantix.
Plus, about the same time, where I work my co-worker was off for about a month or more sick - leaving me there in an office alone = no time to go out and smoke.
My co-worker is much better now , but I credit her also for helping me quit smoking ....in a way.

I think it's between a Kubota Kommander, Ferris and a Gravely. Plan on going to the dealers, again, tomorrow with my check list!
I'm confident that alll three are good - just trying to decide if it's really necessary to spend the extra $1,000 for a more "commercial" type more ; the KAW FS engine.
Honestly, if the Kubota Kommander had a KAW engine, I think I would already have it....think that is the main concern we have with it.

Tracker II

Threads
just trying to decide if it's really necessary to spend the extra $1,000 for a more "commercial" type more ; the KAW FS engine.

Yah, it can be a tough decision. For me it was whether to spend an extra $700 for a nicer seat, bigger tires (front and back) and bigger trannies. In the end, I thought to myself, do I want to spend the next 10-20 years sitting on a machine that already cost me thousands of dollars and knowing that for only $700 more, I could have gotten a noticeably higher quality machine? I was also thinking that a higher quality machine will be worth more when I sell it (if taken care of), so I'm not really out the full amount of the incremental cost in the long run.

By golly it's true, it IS easier to spend other people's money! Good luck Fry. :smile:

Mhild

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone have any experience with bobcat zero turn mowers ? I'm wondering about the quality because I'm considering one for my business. Thanks
I have had a Bobcat ZTR 200 61" for 17 years. I Cut 2 acres regularly and have used the mower from time to time to pull/move a 5' x 10' trailer full of mulch, a 24' boat on a trailer, etc. Other than regular maintenance including belts, blades, oil and lube, the only two issues have been a carburetor that needed replacement and replacement of the front tires last year.
I find the Bobcat to be very well made and the 23 hp Kawasaki engine an excellent match.