Bobcat ZTR

fry

Threads
Thank you all - the comments and feedback are MUCH appreciated - and believe me I am doing my best to understand and listen!
I will post a pic of our Montgomery Ward rider soon :) - i got a giggle out of your comment.
But....it did make me think, hey, it has a B&S engine and we use the fire out of it.....and have been for the last 10 years or so....I consider it one fine machine!
I just feel sorry for my husband because it is soooooooo slow.

I didn't make a new thread, because I guess somehow I thought i was "conserving" some way....silly I know... :)

I did check out some mowers over the weekend - maybe I'll start a new thread later today....going to look at more mowers this weekend.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank you all - the comments and feedback are MUCH appreciated - and believe me I am doing my best to understand and listen!
I will post a pic of our Montgomery Ward rider soon :) - i got a giggle out of your comment.
But....it did make me think, hey, it has a B&S engine and we use the fire out of it.....and have been for the last 10 years or so....I consider it one fine machine!
I just feel sorry for my husband because it is soooooooo slow.

I didn't make a new thread, because I guess somehow I thought i was "conserving" some way....silly I know... :)

I did check out some mowers over the weekend - maybe I'll start a new thread later today....going to look at more mowers this weekend.

Fry,
The best mower engine(up until my current one) that I ever owned was a 16HP Briggs & Stratton Vanguard V-Twin. Me(and then my son) ran that thing for 19 years, changing the oil each spring and the oil & filter every other year and when the deck started falling apart around it that B & S was still running like day 1. My next-door-neighbor has a 15-yr-old Ariens ZTR with the exact same engine in it and it's still running like an Energizer Bunny!! BTW, you're not the first to hijack a thread(and won't be the last:0) You and your hubby are doing the right thing by educating yourself about ZTR's, looking at several for comparisons and taking your time before pulling the trigger. Like any of us that have bought one, these things are a huge dollar investment(even if we all don't have "lots of animals to care for":0)
Let us know if you come up with any more questions we can help clarify after you look at some more ZTR's!!!

RatRacer

Threads
I'm glad you got a giggle out of it.
I suggested it more our sakes, so we, and you, don't have to go back thru a miriad of strategically placed posts to get a clearer picture your (hubby's) needs and wants. I just don't want to be throwing a $7K Scag suggestion at you, when you already had said a $5K budget in a Toro thread. It feels more like I'm stalking you:eek:, than helping you, by where your posts seem to randomly pop up all willy-nilly:laughing: during your research.
It's easier for all, if it's in a Reader's Digest format (unlike DJ:wink:), with all info in one spot.:thumbsup:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm glad you got a giggle out of it.
I suggested it more our sakes, so we, and you, don't have to go back thru a miriad of strategically placed posts to get a clearer picture your (hubby's) needs and wants. I just don't want to be throwing a $7K Scag suggestion at you, when you already had said a $5K budget in a Toro thread. It feels more like I'm stalking you:eek:, than helping you, by where your posts seem to randomly pop up all willy-nilly:laughing: during your research.
It's easier for all, if it's in a Reader's Digest format (unlike DJ:wink:), with all info in one spot.:thumbsup:
RatRacer,
Shouldn't you be spending your time training those racing rats instead of stalking user fry?.....I though I was the only one stalking her:0)
Was that "brief enough" for you(gaspppp:0)

RatRacer

Threads
RatRacer,
Shouldn't you be spending your time training those racing rats instead of stalking user fry?.....I though I was the only one stalking her:0)
Was that "brief enough" for you(gaspppp:0)
Awesome, shortest post yet-:confused2:

Now, we just gotta fix that redundancy of addressing the person you're quoting thing. That should allow for an extra 2 sentences, easy.:laughing:

(see what I did? I didn't type your name because I'm replying to the direct quote that you addressed to me)

Tracker II

Threads
Ordered me a Fastcat Pro last week and it's being delivered Thursday. I chose the 942406H Model with the bigger tires (23" back and 13" front), ZT-3400's and a 52" deck. Needless to say, I can't wait to try it out as I have never driven a ZT.

For the time being, I'm going to keep my 268-H Toro Wheelhorse just in case ZT's aren't my cup of tea. I may just keep it anyway as a backup mower as it just keeps chugging along despite the abuse I heaped on it over the past 12 years.

Anyways, I'll post my thoughts on it after introducing it to it's new 3 acre home.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Awesome, shortest post yet-:confused2:

Now, we just gotta fix that redundancy of addressing the person you're quoting thing. That should allow for an extra 2 sentences, easy.:laughing:

(see what I did? I didn't type your name because I'm replying to the direct quote that you addressed to me)

OK guys...I've worked inInformation Systems for 43 years where redundancy(backup systems and UPS) is a good thing. I'll try to do better from now on...OK:0)

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ordered me a Fastcat Pro last week and it's being delivered Thursday. I chose the 942406H Model with the bigger tires (23" back and 13" front), ZT-3400's and a 52" deck. Needless to say, I can't wait to try it out as I have never driven a ZT.

For the time being, I'm going to keep my 268-H Toro Wheelhorse just in case ZT's aren't my cup of tea. I may just keep it anyway as a backup mower as it just keeps chugging along despite the abuse I heaped on it over the past 12 years.

Anyways, I'll post my thoughts on it after introducing it to it's new 3 acre home.

Your gonna love that Kawasaki FX691V engine and suspension seat!!! PLEASE post some pics....we wanna see it!!!! I've only seen one Bobcat ZTR around here in Middle TN but have heard good things about them. The features and description sounds a whole lot like my Gravely Pro-Turn 100XDZ(also a 52" with the same engine, trannies, tire sizes, double reinforced anti-scalp wheel brackets and suspension seat). I'm willing to bet you're gonna be really happy with that Fastcat Pro!!!
P.S.
My advice is to start out real slow(maybe 1/4 throttle) and drive it around for a while. Practice 180 degree turns(making sure you pull one control arm back and push the other forward). It'll take a while to get the feel of turning without leaving "divets" in the grass. I'll have to find where I posted about the day I brought my new ZTR home and give you a link to that thread(pretty funny to say the least). Enjoy!!!

Tracker II

Threads
Your gonna love that Kawasaki FX691V engine and suspension seat!!! PLEASE post some pics....we wanna see it!!!! I've only seen one Bobcat ZTR around here in Middle TN but have heard good things about them. The features and description sounds a whole lot like my Gravely Pro-Turn 100XDZ(also a 52" with the same engine, trannies, tire sizes, double reinforced anti-scalp wheel brackets and suspension seat). I'm willing to bet you're gonna be really happy with that Fastcat Pro!!!
P.S.
My advice is to start out real slow(maybe 1/4 throttle) and drive it around for a while. Practice 180 degree turns(making sure you pull one control arm back and push the other forward). It'll take a while to get the feel of turning without leaving "divets" in the grass. I'll have to find where I posted about the day I brought my new ZTR home and give you a link to that thread(pretty funny to say the least). Enjoy!!!

Thanks much for your post as it not only puts my mind at ease but also gets me more excited. I actually would have preferred the Gravely with the same setup as red is my favorite color (I'm a born and bred St Louis Cards baseball fan). However, the Gravely dealer near me has no indoor space. Everything, including brand new machines, sit outside through rain, sleet, or hail - day in, day out. So I got my Bob-cat from the same dealer that I got my Wheel Horse from as they are great people with a nice shop.

Please find that thread and provide a link as I would like to read it. Thanks also for the beginner's advice.