home made ventrac attachments

slammed

Threads
The only modification I have made is to the Two N One attachment. I added some 1 inch square bars to the bottom and then a piece of 1/8 inch steel to act as a fork lift. The blue piece you see in the middle is a piece of discarded new holland grass shute welded to a piece of square tubing which goes in the 2 inch receiver slot. It is only there to help protect what ever I am moving and to give it something to rest against.

I have often thought about making a generator attachment for my 3200 but have not yet gotten around to it. Perhaps this winter.

Can you post more pics or your attachment? Thanks for sharing this one.

toro5xi

Threads
There is not a whole lot more to show on this one. The bars I welded on are 14 inches long of 1 1/2 inch square tube, 3/16 inch thick. I welded these right to the bottom of the 2 in 1 adapter. The flat piece of steel going across is 37 inches long and 12 inches wide. It is only 1/8 inch thick. I thought about using thicker steel but I had this laying around and just wanted to move an upright bandsaw which is not too heavy but akward.

The other attachment is nothing more than a 2 inch square piece of tube with some scrap metal welded onto it to act as a shelf for some weight in the winter. A friend gave me 2 of these 50 pound weights so I thought I would give it a try. This will be the first winter I have tried adding weight for snow plowing. I did not have much traction problems last year unless I was trying to plow up hill. I have only added approx 50 pounds but am curious to see if it makes much of a difference. Plowing with the 3200 is great as you can really see what is going on and the manuverability is fantastic. I used to use an ATV and thought it was tough to get close to garage doors safely or parked cars.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 58

slammed

Threads
Thank you toro5xi I see the mods now just had to look at the ventrac site again. Here is what I have been working on. Its a 3 point hitch carry all leaf vacuum. It works great just has a few bugs to work out. Don't stick out very far and it will still pick up 3 55gal cans in one load.

Attachments

• 2012-11-14_16-22-33_682.jpg
    2012-11-14_16-22-33_682.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 65

toro5xi

Threads
:thumbsup:Slammed that will be really nice. I ending up putting the mulching kit on my deck but would have really liked a leaf vacuum.
Where did you get the flexible hose and how did you tie it into the mower deck? I am pretty sure I could make something to hold the hose by the deck chute but was not sure how the heck to make a tight fit with the deck.
Nice Job

slammed

Threads
:thumbsup:Slammed that will be really nice. I ending up putting the mulching kit on my deck but would have really liked a leaf vacuum.
Where did you get the flexible hose and how did you tie it into the mower deck? I am pretty sure I could make something to hold the hose by the deck chute but was not sure how the heck to make a tight fit with the deck.
Nice Job

The hose I bought it at a hose shop 30 miles from me and I will post a pic of the boot for the deck. To find the hose I just looked in the phone book. What I found it under was a hydraulic and hose co.

Attachments

• 2012-11-15_15-29-39_260.jpg
    2012-11-15_15-29-39_260.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 42

Raw Dodge

Threads
I'm getting ready to start building a generator setup.I like the setup ventrac has but I can easily build my own to my tastes,I'm going to use a heavy,cast iron cheap 1800rpm 4 pole generator,either a 7 or 10 k unit,and with my 31 hp I can pulley it with an 8 inch pulley,should get me 60 hz,and 120v at 2100 engine rpm.looking at the power curve, this requires 13hp to fully run a 7 k .my average load is around 1200 watts and I'm running thru a 30 amp breaker ,so my peak load will be around 7200 watts,irregardless of the size I choose.The ventrac setup requires you to spin the engine at 3600 rpm,which is unnecessary for the 7200 watts I require...I'll save a ton of fuel,noise and a little engine life at 2100 rpm..of course i may have to adjust the pulley size to keep a stable rpm but I'm confident I can run way lower than 3600 rpm and maintain stable voltage and frequency.

Threads
I'm getting ready to start building a generator setup.I like the setup ventrac has but I can easily build my own to my tastes,I'm going to use a heavy,cast iron cheap 1800rpm 4 pole generator,either a 7 or 10 k unit,and with my 31 hp I can pulley it with an 8 inch pulley,should get me 60 hz,and 120v at 2100 engine rpm.looking at the power curve, this requires 13hp to fully run a 7 k .my average load is around 1200 watts and I'm running thru a 30 amp breaker ,so my peak load will be around 7200 watts,irregardless of the size I choose.The ventrac setup requires you to spin the engine at 3600 rpm,which is unnecessary for the 7200 watts I require...I'll save a ton of fuel,noise and a little engine life at 2100 rpm..of course i may have to adjust the pulley size to keep a stable rpm but I'm confident I can run way lower than 3600 rpm and maintain stable voltage and frequency.

Tractor-Driven Generators: Producing Quality Power