CUB Cadet starting cranking issues

acbristol57

Threads
I bought this Cadet 1050 3 years ago. It has the 25 HP Kohler engine. I love these engines; I will not buy a B&S engine ( way too many early deaths; I swore them off after the last death ). Anyway this thing was very hard to start from the beginning. I had a previous Sears Kohler tractor that had the same very very hard to crank issue again this was a new tractor. I just expected this was a issue with Kohler engines.

Well this original 200 hour starter failed to start even with 2 new batteries. I got a new starter from the web a total 'replacement' for this old starter. Gee this thing runs like any starter should. It's very fast and cranks easily. Before this engine would just barely start at all and was always difficult.

It seems to be an issue that came with the mower from the start.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the Cub Cadet forum. :smile:

LT1045wrh

Threads
I have a 1045 and it has always been hard to start. Maybe that's all it is, the starter just isn't powerful enough?
W

acbristol57

Threads
The replacement starter has performed as good as the one on my F150. The difference is amazing. My Kohler starts without a hitch; just about instantly. I suspect this is a typical issue with Kohler engines. I had a Sears mower that had the same starting difficulty from the very start.

I suspect the people providing this one have figured out the original design issue and fixed it. I remember years ago getting a starter rebuilt when they changed the brushes or something to make it better than new.

Anyway this one came from @dbelectric.com. They left some information in the shipping box. I got this off Amazon.