cmm 1200 battery life

jerry knight

Forum Newbie
Threads
My battery is fading fast after just three years on a 15-minute lawn. Is this to be expected? Did I do something to slash the battery life? What are my options for a new battery? B&D Service Center or online?

Mountain Will

Forum Newbie
Threads
My battery is fading fast after just three years on a 15-minute lawn. Is this to be expected? Did I do something to slash the battery life? What are my options for a new battery? B&D Service Center or online?

Some folks are getting four or five years, but of course there are many variables. Running the battery down too far will shorten its life.

What I've done to thoroughly kill a lead acid battery is to let it get low on charge and then let it freeze. A charged battery can withstand freezing temps, but a drained one can't. Of course, the battery slowly discharges all by itself over a few months of disuse. The best thing to do would be to store your battery (or whole mower) in the basement all winter, and top it off with the charger every month or two.

petehouk

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am trying a timer with my charger in an attempt to prolong battery life. A friend from work is an electric scooter enthusiast so he puts a lot of effort into keeping batteries in top shape. He says that you should never charge a battery when it's hot. After you discharge it, you need to let it cool down before you begin the charge cycle. So I got a lamp timer (link below is for a similar timer) and plugged my charger into it. I set the lamp timer so that it turns on at midnight and then stays on continuously. After I'm done mowing, I turn the timer to off and plug the mower in. At midnight, the timer turns on and the mower should be ready to go by 8:00AM.

I got new batteries in spring, 2013, so I don't know if this is going to help. But I figure it can't hurt.

Object moved

BOREDSWFL

Forum Newbie
Threads
CHARGING THE BATTERY

I AM CONFUSED. SHOULD YOU ALWAYS LEAVE THE CHARGER ON CHARGING THE BATTERIES OR DO YOU UNPLUG IT LIKE THE NIGHT BEFORE YOU KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO MOW. ANY HARM IN LEAVING IT ALWAYS CHARGING THANKS