Toro 22in Recycler mower - engine cuts out

drumsab

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I have a 2008 Toro 22in Recycler Mower. I recently had it in for maint and had a new air cleaner put in. I've used it twice since then. It worked great the first two times but when I tried using it yesterday it would start but then run run for a couple of seconds and then stop, almost like it's not getting gas. There's plenty of gas, etc... Someone had mentioned the air cleaner might be clogged up but I've only used it twice since the new one was put it.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Remove the air cleaner and see if it runs... if so, then it may well be that air filter. (but I doubt it, as I think that Briggs uses a large air filter)...

Will it run with full or partial choke? Is there a primer bulb on the carb? If so will it continue running while stroking it?

It does sound fuel related, are you sure it has good fuel in the tank? Is there an in line fuel filter?
:smile:KennyV

pebbles

Threads
Have you checked the spark plugs, also have a look in the tank if you can and see that there is no gunk in the bottom of the tank that could be being sucked into the fuel lines.

plindaburtanog

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 22in recycler toro mower it also runs for a few seconds and cuts off help?

BassHarbor

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 22in recycler toro mower it also runs for a few seconds and cuts off help?
I also have this problem. I will try cleaning the carburetor bowl and post results. Wish me Luck

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Make sure you replace the float needle and seat.

BassHarbor

Forum Newbie
Threads
I also have this problem. I will try cleaning the carburetor bowl and post results. Wish me Luck

It worked like a charm. The mower in question got a trail by fire (long thick slightly damp grasss) and performed up to spec. It's so nice when something actually pans out!