Robin NB04/Sears and Robuck 636.795456 trimmer carburetor repair

activematrix

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Robin NB04/Sears and Robuck 636.795456 trimmer carburetor repair
Hi guys,
I have a Sears and Robuck BrushWacker, which was made by Robin under their model number of NB04. It is a commercial trimmer and it is a beast. I bought it at a flea market for cheap, and took the carb apart and cleaned out all of the oil and other nastiness in it. I replaced the spark plug, and put it all back together. I cannot find a manual anywhere, and I really want to get this sucker working. It will start no problem and run for about 10 seconds and then die. This thing has a float carb believe it or not, sears part # 5406037000. Here's a link to it. I am thinking that for some reason the carb is not getting gas when its started and the trimmer is using the gas in the float body and then dying. It will start right back up after a couple minutes, and do the same thing again. any ideas?

Thanks!

LANCE

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Robin NB04/Sears and Robuck 636.795456 trimmer carburetor repair
Hi guys,
I have a Sears and Robuck BrushWacker, which was made by Robin under their model number of NB04. It is a commercial trimmer and it is a beast. I bought it at a flea market for cheap, and took the carb apart and cleaned out all of the oil and other nastiness in it. I replaced the spark plug, and put it all back together. I cannot find a manual anywhere, and I really want to get this sucker working. It will start no problem and run for about 10 seconds and then die. This thing has a float carb believe it or not, sears part # 5406037000. Here's a link to it. I am thinking that for some reason the carb is not getting gas when its started and the trimmer is using the gas in the float body and then dying. It will start right back up after a couple minutes, and do the same thing again. any ideas?

Thanks!

I have the same Brush wacker and I am experiencing the same problem. Have you figured it out yet?