hydrostatic clutch

saltednuts

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have a L120 48 " deck need to no how to adjust hydrostatic clutch dont seem to want to move real fast or pull grades anymore any help will be greatly appreciated also it seems to be ok when first started then just goes away lol love the mower but gettin frustrated

ScagRider03

Threads
saltednuts said:
i have a L120 48 " deck need to no how to adjust hydrostatic clutch dont seem to want to move real fast or pull grades anymore any help will be greatly appreciated also it seems to be ok when first started then just goes away lol love the mower but gettin frustrated

By any chance have you tightened the mowers drive pulley? I'd go for that before the clutch just my option I had same problem with my lesco 48 tightened the pulley and walla

saltednuts

Forum Newbie
Threads
i take it that the drive pulley is the one coming off the trans axle is it the one that drives the blades i just replaced that belt and didnt notice any adjustment

chance123

Threads
Hydrostatic clutch? What machine is it on? I am guessing you are thinking of a hydrostatic transmission with hydro wheel motors?

chance123

Threads
Yes the L120 is a hydrostatic transaxel. If the belts, pulleys, and fluid levels are OK as are the linkages to the trans (no play), it will more than likely be a costly repair. JD parts are very Expen$ive.