blades won't engage

bkhughes

Forum Newbie
Threads
The blades on my Hustler Fastrack will not engage when I switch the pto on. I pulled the switch on and heard a pop and the blades stoped. When you pull the switch nothing happens, but the safety switch on the seat works.

Lawnranger

Threads
Check for power at the two wire connector. An easy way to check is to unplug the connector and use a volt meter to measure actual voltage. The PTO and key switch must be on and you may have to set the parking brake and/or put something heavy in the seat to override the seat switch.

To check the clutch you simply supply 12 volts to one wire and ground to the other. When you apply the voltage the clutch should "click" or you may feel the clutch activate. Yesterday I had a mower where the electric clutch wire get rubbed through on the drive belt pulley and was able to repair the wire. The owner was lucky as the new clutch is over $400.00.

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
have you checked the fuse? sometimes that pop is the fuse ...just saying

lawnmo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check all connections at solenoid, wires can come loose or nut could back off from vibration making for bad connection.Check for belt off pulleys or worn belts.