Toro SS 5060 running, but won't move.

ctneese

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Toro SS 5060 Timecutter. It's only a few months old and when I used it last week it worked fine. Not it starts normally, but won't move. Could it be something with the electric brake not releasing?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check to see if someone has released the hydro levers so that it can be pushed around by hand.

ctneese

Forum Newbie
Threads
I checked on that. I even released them and reset just to make sure.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you just bought it I would take it back to the dealer, as this should be covered under warranty.

ctneese

Forum Newbie
Threads
That's my plan if I can't fix it myself before the dealer comes to pick it up. Problem is they are backed up a week and the grass is getting long...

Lawnranger

Threads
That's my plan if I can't fix it myself before the dealer comes to pick it up. Problem is they are backed up a week and the grass is getting long...

Backed up just one week??? We are 2+ weeks out right now. Another shop about 30 miles North of us is over six weeks out and stopped taking in work because they have no place to store all the equipment.

Is it possible for you to borrow a mower from a family member/friend/neighbor just to get you by this time?

YardMonkey

Threads
Another weeks growth of the grass won't slow that TORO down....

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If this unit is that new, you could void your entire warranty by trying to do your own repairs. CAREFUL!!

ctneese

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mower has been picked up by the dealer and I paid the service that does my fertilizing for a mow job. I wasn't planing on doing anything that might void the warranty, just making sure something like a stick wasn't stuck where it didn't belong. Sucks to pay $4000 for a mower and then pay someone to cut your grass!