murray lawn mower briggs stratton engine only starts and runs on str fluid or wd40

Dana56

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / murray lawn mower briggs stratton engine only starts and runs on str fluid or wd40
If the carb has a fuel line running to it I would recommend removing the float bowl nut on the bottom of the carb and running a small wire through the jet hole on the top of the bowl nut. After the hole is opened clean the jet with carb cleaner and blow out with compressed air.

cmj3169

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / murray lawn mower briggs stratton engine only starts and runs on str fluid or wd40
Sorry did not see the part about fuel line,so this is not a pulsa-prime carburetor. Dana56 is correct ,if your mower starts then dies after squirting carb cleaner/wd40 in the carb throat then dies ,your carb needs to be cleaned.Sometimes the jet has more than one hole the obvious hole near the bottom can be cleaned out with a paper clip there sometimes is another smaller hole higher up that can be cleaned with a stripped bread tie.

Mrspicy

Threads
As i stated in my first post, i cleaned and rebuilt the carb using an b&s carb kit, sprayed carb cleaner through all jets till clean and used a saftey pin as well. I double checked the bolt on the bowl and it had been cleaned. The bowl was complety full of gas. I just dont know what i could be missing.

chance123

Threads
Do you have an O-ring between the carb and the intake manifold?

Mrspicy

Threads
Yes there is one and i replaced it as well as all other gaskets for the carb

Dana56

Forum Newbie
Threads
Are the intake pipe and mounting gasket under the shroud intact? Are you sure the "fuel" in the gas tank is gasoline?

Mrspicy

Threads
Are you sure the "fuel" in the gas tank is gasoline?

Oh no lawn mowers run on gas? I thought i could just fill it up with hopes and dreams. And yes the intake is intact.

cmj3169

Forum Newbie
Threads
that's ******* hilarious maybe hopes and dreams can fix your lawnmower!

Mrspicy

Threads
Yeah it looks like thats gonna be the only option. Although i really would like to figure out why it wont run. Maybe i will tear the carb down again.

cmj3169

Forum Newbie
Threads
That seems like the only logical reason why it'll start with a spray of gas/Carb cleaner and die.Check every hole maybe try removing the Welch plugs and clean good hell remove everything that you can. Hopefully you can fix it, I know how hard it is when you can't get something fixed just keep trying.