not a lawnboy, but still pretty cool, pics of my twin cylinder "kit mower"

ironhorse

Threads
  • / not a lawnboy, but still pretty cool, pics of my twin cylinder "kit mower"
found this one a few years back, still runs great, it is running in the photos[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]the engine is a power products model 360 type p351, i've never seen another like it, i have seen the twin cylinder shrouded style used on a fiftys version of a mini bike, but i can't recall what brand they were

Attachments

• DSCF0015.jpg
    DSCF0015.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF0016.jpg
    DSCF0016.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF0017.jpg
    DSCF0017.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF0018.jpg
    DSCF0018.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF0019.jpg
    DSCF0019.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF0020.jpg
    DSCF0020.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 39

hackdude

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: not a lawnboy, but still pretty cool, pics of my twin cylinder "kit mower"

that is so damn cool!! im jealous:(

ironhorse

Threads

that is so damn cool!! im jealous:(

thanks, it is different, that's for sure! :biggrin:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Looks to me like a Maytag without the kickstart turned vertical. Just a guess.

ironhorse

Threads

Looks to me like a Maytag without the kickstart turned vertical. Just a guess.

no, definitely a power products, i have seen a maytag twin on what i think was a velva-cut mower, it's the only one of those i've seen as well:rolleyes:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads

That is so cool. :cool: Many thanks, ironhorse.

The PP engine looks familiar except that I've never seen the two-cylinder version of it. I remember the non-shrouded flywheel and the spool where you wrap the starter rope.

I believe that must be a collector's item. Don't you think? Aren't those two-cylinder engines rare? Anybody...

ironhorse

Threads

That is so cool. :cool: Many thanks, ironhorse.

The PP engine looks familiar except that I've never seen the two-cylinder version of it. I remember the non-shrouded flywheel and the spool where you wrap the starter rope.

I believe that must be a collector's item. Don't you think? Aren't those two-cylinder engines rare? Anybody...

thought you'd like that one two-stroke, i've been told that the free air version of this model is indeed rare, again, the shrouded version is still out there, but i haven't seen another one of these, single cylinders are plentiful, i also have a version of a omc built shrouded iron horse that i have yet to see another, looks just like the free air omc iron horse, but with the top cover of a a-series power products engine and a tillotson mt carb., i've looked at all of the l/b versions of the omc iron horse, and it isn't shown:rolleyes:wanted to ad, i forgot that someone had changed the carb. on this engine, but would have used a c-series carb like the ones used on the buttercup mowers or the 3050 model series. it does not have a mt tillotson carb on it, but may have used one of these as well.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads

I'll bet that mower is fairly heavy as push mowers go. The deck looks like heavy gauge steel and the handle looks like they didn't spare any metal. :laughing:

Those early mowers were built like tanks. :laughing:

ironhorse

Threads

I'll bet that mower is fairly heavy as push mowers go. The deck looks like heavy gauge steel and the handle looks like they didn't spare any metal. :laughing:

Those early mowers were built like tanks. :laughing:

it's really not that heavy, i think it weighs less than my 19" 5024 bricktop:smile: