T1600h leaking oil from breather tube

Hleeh2o

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am losing aprox 2 to 3 drops per second from the breather hose on top of valve cover. Is this normal? Is there a fix? All the parts are installed correctly. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

jamesemu

Threads
As I am probably a disappointing response in that I am writing to as for more information. In that I am not familiar with the T1600 and the type engine you are discussing. I do have a Kubota T Series, and is the older 2007 T1770 Model with the Kohler Command CV 17 Overhead Valve Twin air cooled 17 HP engine.
On the engine the air-oil separator canister is mounted on the right valve cover with only a rubber grommet holding it on. It has a vacuum hose going from the top of this canister into the carburetor venturi, to remove oil vapor from the engine.
I have know owners of these engines to find a leak around the grommet, leaving oily residue around that cylinder. Later, I believe Kohler added a bracket to the canister to assist in it's security.

Is this anywhere like the problem your having with "oil leaking from the breather tube"?
Where is this breather tube attached on each end?

Is it a "seep" or more of a "constant drip" of oil and at all engine conditions, idle, under load, etc.
Kohler cautions how critical the oil level is, and to not over-fill. That sometimes can cause oil problems.

jamesemu

Hleeh2o

Forum Newbie
Threads
I appreciate your response, but I have the diesel engine.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well you need to tell the engine you have, like make model number, type, that way someone may look it up for you.

Hleeh2o

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a kubota t1600 with two cylinder diesel.

Raw Dodge

Threads
It sounds like a worn out engine with excessive blowby, a hole in a piston, or a blown head gasket. Your losing a lot of oil.

Rocky10k

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check the weight of the oil that you are using. The specs say 10-30. I used 10-40 a couple of times and when the engine got hot it would push oil out of the breather. I went back to 10-30 and it never happened again on the 2cyl. diesel.